SYOS

Saxophones Joseph Higham Alto Sax - But who made it in "Bohemia"?

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
The mouthpiece might possibly be a Brilhart Streamline with a metal collar. Brilhart mouthpieces have a tendency to crack at the neck, so collars are common.

If it really is a Streamline, then the mouthpiece is probably worth more than the sax.

stitch

I have a tenor version of this ... tentatively thought it might be Kohlert, but don't remember why now! I'd give £50 for it.

Adrian63

Nice David : mate of mine had the alto...lovely
Go for it Stitch...careful though it's had a hell of a whack .

DavidUK

@stitch - have PM'd you the link to the ad. Go ahead! ;)

I think it may be a little more obscure than Kohlert. The L/H pinky cluster looks familiar.

stitch

@stitch - have PM'd you the link to the ad. Go ahead!
Thanks David, but a bit too much effort for me to follow up, and I don't do FB anyway. Had it been local (or even local to you, as you're not too distant from me ... and even less from my daughter I think!) I might have taken a punt.

I don't claim to be an expert on this, but I don't think "Magna" is the model of the horn. It was a trade association that some of the manufacturers around that area (Czech/German/Bohemian) belonged to. My Franz Köhler Empor baritone has "Magna" on the bell because he was a member. I think there's some more info about Magna on bassic sax - pretty sure that's where I read about it.

Top Bottom