All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

John Packer Curvy Soprano Saxophone in Black / Gold

Jobylou

curvy1_tn.jpg curvy2_tn.jpg curvy3_tn.jpg curvy4_tn.jpg curvy5_tn.jpg

I am selling my 6 month old John Packer Curvy Saxophone, it is a JP043CB in black with gold key work. It is a stunning instrument, but I just can't get used to playing a curvy sop, I prefer my straight soprano and so sadly this instrument is not getting played.
It comes in the standard John Packer Case with back pack straps.
For sale for £250 plus shipping at cost (buyer can choose how it is to be sent). 5% donation will be made if a sale is agreed through the forum.

Jobylou

The photos of this sax just don't do it justice, it is stunning and I can't find a mark on it!
Can include a Yamaha 4C mouthpiece to get you started :)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Here are some slightly editedversions of the shots so you can see it in it's full glory.

curvy1_tn.jpg

curvy2_tn.jpg

curvy3_tn.jpg

curvy4_tn.jpg

curvy5_tn.jpg

Jobylou

Thanks Kev, that is really kind of you :)
I'm hopeless with a camera and technology lol!
Still don't do it justice though, if anyone wants any better photos I can ask my hubby to take some.

Beanie

Hi, I'm interested in buying this for my son, please could you email or pm me as I don't seem to be able to pm you as I've just joined the forum. Thanks:)

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Hi, I'm interested in buying this for my son, please could you email or pm me as I don't seem to be able to pm you as I've just joined the forum. Thanks:)
To PM, you just click on the persons username by the post and choose "private message".

MellowD

Lost In Theory
Thanks Pete, I did contact Beanie but she has bought another sax, so mine is still available :)
Hi Jobylou

I've been directed to your ad by Kevgermany as I'm looking for a soprano. I'm new to saxes and currently play a Yani Tenor, so I don't know the John Packer reputation. First of all, naturally I want to check that this is the standard I want (I want something closer to intermediate than a beginner sop), and secondly I also need to know whether your item is still available anyhow?

Mel

Jobylou

Hi Mel
The saxophone is still available and it plays really well from top to bottom, I have never played a Yanagisawa so could not compare but obviously the price is considerably less! I have only been playing saxophone for 18 months myself :)
Cheers Jo

MellowD

Lost In Theory
Hi Jobylou

Thank you for coming back, and I hope you get a sale.

Doing my 'research' I think I'm definitely going to have to go somewhere to spend some time trying out both straight and curvy to see what effects happen with my arthritic neck before I make a final decision, which is going to take me a little time to arrange. Also, I'm expecting a windfall, so on recommendations for what I'm specifically looking for my wishes, I think it looks like I'm going to hold on a bit longer and get a Bauhaus Walstein as something to keep a long time.

As an aside, just so you are aware - John Packer website are offering this model/finish as ex-demo, serviced and 6mths warranty for just under £218. Not always going to be available in stock though and I do think you are offering a fair price considering your own initial outlay and age of instrument :)

Thanks for the time Jobylou

Jobylou

Hi Mel
No problem, good luck with your saxophone journey :)

I just looked at John Packer's website - the only ex demo one they seem to have in stock is a gold lacquer one and it is £335, they don't offer the black and gold one new anymore so I wouldn't think that they will have any more ex demo's - their new ones are currently £420 and also seem to be out of stock at the moment.

Perhaps I should hold on to mine, it is stunning, I just need a stand to show it off!
Cheers Jo

MellowD

Lost In Theory
Perhaps you should - but only if you are actually going to play it and not just look and saw "awwwwww pretty!" lol

I do think you are asking a fair price, as I said, and it is a good looking instrument. I do understand that they make a good sound too.

With the knowledge I have a windfall overdue, I just feel I want to get myself something closer to what I'd ultimately want whilst the money is available and before it trickles down the drain of utility bills.

Jobylou

£250 to include Yamaha 4C mouthpiece and Rovner Ligature - I will even throw in some reeds!
Come on guys this is a bargain... will be going on eBay at the weekend if no interest.

Jobylou

I didn't get round to listing this sax on eBay so its still available, its a great little sax, but I need to sell now to finance my tenor horn :)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom