support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

John Coltranes Birthday

Happy Birthday Trane! :cool:

Thanks for posting Chris :D

Happy blowing,

DB Blue :cool:

Does anyone know of, or recommend, a good biography on John Coltrane? I've looked in bookshops and Amazon for ages and not found anything yet but there must be something.

There's so many books out there about Trane but each seem to focus on certain aspects. I prefer the ones that talk about his earlier work and life up to Gaint Steps. The new direction in his work just before his death is well uncertain but too many proclaim ... but I'm not going into that here.

I'm loving my kindle as I can get big print ;} so only buy kindle versions now, but will have a dig through my old hard and paper backs the weekend and let you know the better ones of the bunch in my opinion.

A great book to read and I mean great (not available in kindle sadly) in Flying High: A Jazz Life and Beyond by Peter King! Truely brilliant book!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flying-High...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316794635&sr=1-1

Hi Ruby,
Does anyone know of, or recommend, a good biography on John Coltrane? I've looked in bookshops and Amazon for ages and not found anything yet but there must be something.
Not exactly but....

Have you seen the Traneumentary podcast on iTunes?
It's free, and entertainment so nothing lost.

Just incase you are unfamiliar (I know some Apple phobic people).
As long as you have iTunes, just go to the store and type in Traneumantary in the store search bar.

You could try "John Coltrane - His Life and Music" by Lewis Porter

Back
Top Bottom