SYOS

M/Pieces - Ligs JodyJazz now making ligatures!

Chris98

I was just looking on JodyJazz's website and noticed that they are now making ligatures: "Ring" Ligature!

Reading on it says these ligatures are designed specifically for the JodyJazz DV, DV CHI and DV NY series. Okay I know about the DV and the DV NY but has anyone heard of a DV CHI?

All the best,

Chris

dooce

So that's 70 dollars - for a brass ring? :shocked:

Those guys at JJ certainly know how to make bucks.....

Rogerb

Yes, very expensive ....every one tested by Jody? :D
Also I'd have thought it would scratch the mpc, a problem with all metal ligs, it seems.
I usually put a bit of pvc tape on the mpc to protect it, and used a Rovner fabric lig on my DV.

half diminished

Just love my FL Ultimate though its a fiddle to fit a new reed and does slightly scratch the mp. I don't anticipate changing/selling it so not so worried about that.

I do like the look of the new JJ lig though. :w00t:

Rogerb

I just wouldn't like the idea of damaging my mouthpiece unnecessarily, even if I had no intention of selling it.
(And who knows?....we mostly tend to change our preferences over the years :) )

Alphorn

What is so exciting about it? There are already other ring ligatures on the market and they don't seem to be especially popular. Pricewise it is ar least less expensive than a Silverstein.

Alphorn

Erasmo

Well, I asked because I knew a player here in Montreal who has used Bois Ring Ligatures for years and seems to be happy. He told me they are very free-blowing and have a good projection.

Erasmo

Understand... in fact it is easy to see when something is "loved" by the players. I searched in the net and there is not so much comments or feedbacks. Anyway, I keep you all informed if I decide to try one

Top Bottom