All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

M/Pieces - Ligs Jody Jazz DV NY Reviewed (w/ sound clip)

Sunray

Super bit of kit ... [Well I reckon it is anyway's] ...

I just posted this week's review on the Jody Jazz DV NY. Feedback and shared experiences are welcome. Also, sound clip replies from any of you DV NY owners would be great too.

www.everythingsaxophone.blogspots.com
All I can say is WOW ...

I bought one of these [Alto size 7] from Jonathan Myall's music shop in Croydon [UK] last Thursday [6th], while I was having my Yani 992 Alto checked over by Griff ... [Big thank's Griff, It plays really great now] ... :thankyou:

I haven't had a real chance to play using the new mouthpiece as I have been on Muver in law duties [Health issues resolved - thankfully].

But for the short periods I have practised - I love it ... :w00t:

It feels good in my gob [nice and small - No! the mouthpiece ;}] ...
It sounds really great ...
It plays real smooth n easy [both quietly and nice n loud] ...
It looks good ... :mrcool

What else can I say - Luv is Luv :)))

PS - Sorry guy's I was unable to contact any of you Souf Loner's to get you a pie n a pint - cos of the "ole girl" - Next time though ...

Last edited by a moderator:

half diminished

I've a 7* that I've been playing on tenor for 2 years and love it - it's the only mouth piece I own for tenor. I use a Legere Signature 3 reed. Sorry no recent sound clips though.

Young Col

Sunray, we missed you! Griff did mine on Thursday too - nice job as always - and OG came over and we had a quick lunch. Oh well, next time.
I don't have the DV NY for alto but my main piece is a JJ Classic 5, which I really like.
YC

Sunray

Bugger ...

Sunray, we missed you! Griff did mine on Thursday too - nice job as always - and OG came over and we had a quick lunch. Oh well, next time.
I don't have the DV NY for alto but my main piece is a JJ Classic 5, which I really like.
YC
Oh! Mate ...

I really wish I had the time to meet up with some of you guys - Alas due to the circumstances - It just wasn't to be ... :( I wasn't even sure if I would get to see Griff to be honest ... But I was real glad I did ... [He's sorted my horn] ... luverly ... ;}

Not to worry though ... I go back to "the good ole souf" quite regularly, next trip will be in about eight weeks or so at a guess ... I will post when I know more ... ;}

In the mean time - I have put a few quid over the counter ... So you can all order a good stuff on me ... by the way ... Who is the cook in this place ...

I nominate Jules as he does some mean menu's ... :w00t:

Cheers ... *Salute*

All I can say is WOW ...

I bought one of these [Alto size 7] from Jonathan Myall's music shop in Croydon [UK] last Thursday [6th],

But for the short periods I have practised - I love it ... :w00t:

It feels good in my gob [nice and small - No! the mouthpiece ;}] ...
It sounds really great ...
It plays real smooth n easy [both quietly and nice n loud] ...
It looks good ... :mrcool

What else can I say - Luv is Luv :)))

I'd have to agree with everything except the looking good... I actually think it looks really odd!

Top Bottom