SYOS

Jethro from the UK

Jethro

A very mature learner of the tenor sax. Using a Bauhaus Walstein bought new with Yamaha ebonite mouthpiece. I have an interest in jazz, but have a simple desire; to become a very competent player across all genre. Although I have a couple of classical grades under my belt, I’m beginning to question whether the conventional grade approach is a good one to achieve the desired objectives.

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Welcome to the Cafe. There are as many musical goals and paths to them as there are players. Find the one that's right for you. Most importantly, have fun on the journey!

OP
J

Jethro

Thanks for the encouragement.

No different Jethro, too many flute players around after James Galway made it popular. I prefer saxophone.

GaryF

A very mature learner of the tenor sax. Using a Bauhaus Walstein bought new with Yamaha ebonite mouthpiece. I have an interest in jazz, but have a simple desire; to become a very competent player across all genre. Although I have a couple of classical grades under my belt, I’m beginning to question whether the conventional grade approach is a good one to achieve the desired objectives.
YouTube and your ear on music - I like playing by ear but can read music

Top Bottom