support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Jericho Tenor

BigDoug

Locality
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have a Jericho tenor sax in very good condition, which I am considering selling. As far as I know there are no pad leaks, missing corks or springs or other defects. I acquired it three years ago direct from Pete Effamy, but it’s hardly used these days. Never gigged ....... just used to develop an interest in saxophones.
Please note, this is not (yet) an advertisement for sale ....... but does anyone have any idea what it’s worth ?

£200-£250. But probably won’t sell. Find a music teacher or music shop who will give you £50 and sell on to someone who wants to play.

Thanks Colin. At least that gives me a clue. I’m trying to assess what I’d get for it if/when I acquire a Yani T 902 that I have my eye on.

There’s been a few threads which mention Jerichos on this forum, if you do a search @BigDoug ... some looking for one and others selling them. I don’t think you need to go as low as £50.00! You don’t have to give it away.

Big Doug and Colin the Bear would make a formidable Nightclub Security team!

Big Doug - steps forward, staring down at punter 'Sorry Sir, you can't come in wearing those socks' (crack of knuckles)
Colin The Bear - Hands folded across the front of his hi viz jacket, head gently nodding, eyes fixed -giving punter 'The Look'

Punter 'Er...yes, you're perfectly correct, Ever so sorry, how stupid of me. Don't hit me....please..ahhhhhhhh':oops:

Good luck with the sale :p

I don't know why there's been a comment that it won't sell. It will sell, and easily. I recently bought one for a young player I know via this site. Paid £200. He's been delighted with it. A good student tenor sax like this will easily sell on eBay. I sell saxes all the time, and I know what will sell well. The key to getting a good price is how you describe it. Happy to have a conversation by private message about what will make up a good advert if that helps.

I had this on my recommended saxophones page, but unfortunately I had to remove it when they stopped selling them.

I'd say you should try to get around £200, these are better than most in that price bracket

I had contact with a very nice man from the company that sold Jericho saxes. I was looking for a sax that for the middle aged saxplayers that didn't want to spend so much money on buying a sax. The leader at our Rocksax worshops was also going to play and demostrate on a Jericho sax as well. Not thier mk 6's. Today the saxmarket is ceazy here in Sweden. I can buy a mint Evette (Jupiter) tenor for 1500.00 s e k. Another guy is asking 21 000.00 s e k for an Indiana tenor from the 50's..

I have a mint Jericho Alto which I very much like. I tested the original "pass around" version, bought and sold one a few years back, then stumbled across the current one at a bargain price. I'm in no rush to sell it as it has good ergonomics and sound. I'd consider the tenor version but haven't seen it widely reviewed when they were being sold new.

@BigDoug - do you have any recordings of it you could link to, out of interest, just in case I see one for sale?

It seems they are available again. I wonder how good are the new ones. ...

If it came directly from me then I chose it as the best from the stock at that time (maybe 10 or more). I don’t see why any playable horn would only be worth £50. £200 would still be an absolute bargain for a horn of that quality though I don’t know their current price.

I have not been involved since Robbie passed and so cannot comment on whether they are selling the same spec or not. The Jericho was not the same as the Academy horns. There wasn’t a lot of time to develop the brand before Robbie passed but some good people had input and thought well of them.

It seems they are available again. I wonder how good are the new ones. ...
AFAIK they are the same. @Stephen Howard may be able to comment further. If they are (which I believe) then then they are probably the best value student horn. I have spoken to Becky and given her the go ahead to post some reasonable marketing here - she will be getting a commercial subscriber upgrade so that helps us finacially anyway and allows businesses to post announcements here and some posts about the product.

Initally I wondered if it was competing with our planned cafesaxophone instruments but as those are (in the first stages) going to be top end pro instruments I don't think there is a huge issue.

AFAIK they are the same. @Stephen Howard may be able to comment further. If they are (which I believe) then then they are probably the best value student horn. I have spoken to Becky and given her the go ahead to post some reasonable marketing here - she will be getting a commercial subscriber upgrade so that helps us finacially anyway and allows businesses to post announcements here and some posts about the product.

Initally I wondered if it was competing with our planned cafesaxophone instruments but as those are (in the first stages) going to be top end pro instruments I don't think there is a huge issue.
That’s great Pete, good news.

If it came directly from me then I chose it as the best from the stock at that time (maybe 10 or more). I don’t see why any playable horn would only be worth £50. £200 would still be an absolute bargain for a horn of that quality though I don’t know their current price.

They're the same.
The Jericho is 'loosely based' on the Yamaha 62 - which, in terms of playability, gives it something of an advantage over the competition...which seems to be based on a Selmer design.
I've seen the new batch, and as far as I can tell it's the exact same horn as before...save for a few cosmetic changes.

Build quality is up slightly - though it's still an Ultra-Cheap horn. But in terms of the genre I think it's currently the best of the bunch.

They're the same.
The Jericho is 'loosely based' on the Yamaha 62 - which, in terms of playability, gives it something of an advantage over the competition...which seems to be based on a Selmer design.
I've seen the new batch, and as far as I can tell it's the exact same horn as before...save for a few cosmetic changes.

Build quality is up slightly - though it's still an Ultra-Cheap horn. But in terms of the genre I think it's currently the best of the bunch.
Cheers Stephen. I concur.

I was really pleased with the Jericho tenor that I bought a few years ago. I took lessons from a guy who frequently said that if I ever wanted to sell it, he’d like to buy it.
Well, he was true to his word. After a few years, I decided that I wanted to upgrade and did so. I won’t mention the make I acquired, save to say they have a very good reputation. My teacher made me a very generous offer for the Jericho and it changed hands.
I must say, that I’m now beginning to regret my move. If Jerichos are back on the market, I might very well go back in that direction if the quality matches the one I used to own . Does anyone know where they’re being sold ?

Back
Top Bottom