Tutorials

Saxophones Jericho Tenor

BigDoug

I have a Jericho tenor sax in very good condition, which I am considering selling. As far as I know there are no pad leaks, missing corks or springs or other defects. I acquired it three years ago direct from Pete Effamy, but it’s hardly used these days. Never gigged ....... just used to develop an interest in saxophones.
Please note, this is not (yet) an advertisement for sale ....... but does anyone have any idea what it’s worth ?

sizzzzler

£200-£250. But probably won’t sell. Find a music teacher or music shop who will give you £50 and sell on to someone who wants to play.

OP
BigDoug

BigDoug

Thanks Colin. At least that gives me a clue. I’m trying to assess what I’d get for it if/when I acquire a Yani T 902 that I have my eye on.

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
There’s been a few threads which mention Jerichos on this forum, if you do a search @BigDoug ... some looking for one and others selling them. I don’t think you need to go as low as £50.00! You don’t have to give it away.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Big Doug and Colin the Bear would make a formidable Nightclub Security team!

Big Doug - steps forward, staring down at punter 'Sorry Sir, you can't come in wearing those socks' (crack of knuckles)
Colin The Bear - Hands folded across the front of his hi viz jacket, head gently nodding, eyes fixed -giving punter 'The Look'

Punter 'Er...yes, you're perfectly correct, Ever so sorry, how stupid of me. Don't hit me....please..ahhhhhhhh':oops:

Good luck with the sale :p

jonf

I don't know why there's been a comment that it won't sell. It will sell, and easily. I recently bought one for a young player I know via this site. Paid £200. He's been delighted with it. A good student tenor sax like this will easily sell on eBay. I sell saxes all the time, and I know what will sell well. The key to getting a good price is how you describe it. Happy to have a conversation by private message about what will make up a good advert if that helps.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
I had this on my recommended saxophones page, but unfortunately I had to remove it when they stopped selling them.

I'd say you should try to get around £200, these are better than most in that price bracket

thomsax

I had contact with a very nice man from the company that sold Jericho saxes. I was looking for a sax that for the middle aged saxplayers that didn't want to spend so much money on buying a sax. The leader at our Rocksax worshops was also going to play and demostrate on a Jericho sax as well. Not thier mk 6's. Today the saxmarket is ceazy here in Sweden. I can buy a mint Evette (Jupiter) tenor for 1500.00 s e k. Another guy is asking 21 000.00 s e k for an Indiana tenor from the 50's..

DavidUK

I have a mint Jericho Alto which I very much like. I tested the original "pass around" version, bought and sold one a few years back, then stumbled across the current one at a bargain price. I'm in no rush to sell it as it has good ergonomics and sound. I'd consider the tenor version but haven't seen it widely reviewed when they were being sold new.

@BigDoug - do you have any recordings of it you could link to, out of interest, just in case I see one for sale?

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom