All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Saxophones jericho tenor

tomsraider

Locality
east yorks
hello all i have just bought a j6 tenor i will pass it around a few guys in the hull saxophone collective and let you know what they think of it when it arrives, i live close to york where gear 4 music are based, ive been in to try thier saxophones a few times so i will have a fair idea as to any similarities or difference,s.

Fraser Jarvis

Was thinking about one of these as a back up, the guarantee makes it a very attractive route to take.

tomsraider

Locality
east yorks
yes 45 days to send back if you carnt get on with it and most people on here give the alto a good thumbs up i am thinking it may go the same way as the bahause they sell 3rd hand for more than the original price, i now very little about tenor sax having read threads on here i decided to go for it will keep you posted.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Great, be interested to know what you think of it :)

Jx

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
I've been playing a Jericho tenor for the last year. I've really enjoyed it, and never had any problems with it. I also have a Jericho alto (which I don't play as much, turns out I prefer tenors), quality is consistent across both horns.

I'm planning on an upgrade soon, but may well keep the Jericho as a backup. It's been a great first horn for me.

Fraser, if you want a toot on it to try it out, let me know. We're planning on coming to Hinckley next Saturday, I could always stick it in the car.

Fraser Jarvis

Very kind of you and thanks for the offer Tim but I'm not getting anything anytime soon....OTOH if you're thinking about an upgrade bring your mouthpiece and you're more than welcome to have a play around on my Selmer, if you do though try to get early as it will be very quiet up till about 9.0 clock, it's Saturday 11th btw.

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Thanks Fraser, not sure we can get there too early (and I don't want to get in the way of setting up), but I'll see what we can sort out :)

tomsraider

Locality
east yorks
hello all got the j6 tenor, someone on here said they would be flying off the shelves, well i got a mail from sms, a few days after my order, saying sorry,non of that type left, you can have a different coloured one or an ex demo,I dont like the colour of the other so went xdemo.Its early days however i have a good quality alto,and i can honestly say you need to be a near prof player to justify spending big money when you can pick up saxes like this j6 at these prices, if things keep going well i am going to give consideration to down grading my alto for a j6 alto,the build quality isnt the same the sound and playability are just as good as all the others i have tried, some over the 2 grand mark, and they dont come with 3 years piece of mind .

Ads

Locality
North West UK
SMS use Steve Howard (of Sax manual fame) to do the repairs so that 3 years peace of mind is worth far more than any Yani, Yamaha or Selmer warranty, IMO he`s the top guy for setting up saxes and if you`ve got an Ex-Dem then there`s a good chance it`s been through his workshop ..

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom