support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones JAZZLAB SLING.... WHICH CASE FITS

brianr

Account Closed
Ive recently bought one of these slings, and I really like it.

the only problem is that I cant fit it inside my Hiscox case. it wont fit in the little storage area, or down the bell.

This is tenor, Im talking about.

Im thinking about buying a new case.

Anyone else bought a new case, who can advise which to go for.

Or , someone who had an existing case which allows this sling inside.

Any suggestions welcome.

Instead of buying a new case for maybe hundreds of pounds, stick the sling in a 5p carrier bag or go designer and get the 10p version.

Instead of buying a new case for maybe hundreds of pounds, stick the sling in a 5p carrier bag or go designer and get the 10p version.

I tried that and the sling fitted nicely inside the bell of the sax. but once I put the sax in the carrier, the top of the sax was sticking out of the top and got wet in the rain......... and my reeds fell out of a hole in the bottom of the carrier bag.
I had forgotten that the hole was there. I think it was the Pineapple on the way home from Asda, the previous week.

Anyway.............. still open to ideas.

I have a Gear4Music Tenor case that has a side pocket big enough for a JazzLab sling. A lot cheaper than a Protec case, and it appears to be just as good. It has backpack straps as well.

But if I am going out, I usually have a music stand and a saxophone stand with me, and possibly a stand light, so I have another squashy bag which is big enough for all of these and the sling as well.

I already have another case. it is a "Fusion". its great and has lots of pockets etc.

ive actually taken it out a few times and this sling fits in an external pocket.

The Fusion probably gives as good or better protection than other soft cases ive seen. Its just that it isnt a solid case and Im always worried about damage.

so, im looking for ideas about hard cases , which will allow this sling inside.

I use the pro-tec case that came with my SC Raw and fit it into the outside pocket i too have tenor and alto Hiscox cases but prefer the pro-tec for its storage.

Last edited:
so, im looking for ideas about hard cases , which will allow this sling inside.

If I recall correctly @griff136 advised at the Cardiff meet not to stuff your sax case with extras as they may damage the sax. :)

I guess an outside pocket is fine

Jx

@brianr I didn't mean put the sax in a carrier. Just the accessories that won't fit in the case. You could save the 5p and put it in your coat pocket.

If I recall correctly @griff136 advised at the Cardiff meet not to stuff your sax case with extras as they may damage the sax. :)

Yes, that is exactly my thinking, and the reason Im looking for something else.

what Im really looking for is input from someone who has one of these slings and also uses a case which allows the sling to either go in the bell, or has a room in the accessories area/compartment to fit this sling in............without "stuffing "
The internal shape of the Hiscox allows neither.

I would be open to an external pocket, as long as the main part of the case is strong....... ie not a soft case.

While your looking for a tenor case, if you see one for a Bb bari ,
Please let me know.

Couldn't you make your own pocket on the exterior of the hiscox ?

Suitcase with wheels. Fill with your gear, strap sax case to it. Better than carrying it all.

You just need one of these with a cover when it rains :)

download (4).jpg

Jx

Typical woman always thinking of shopping :rolleyes: