• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazzlab Saxholder

I love my saxholder but have been working out a 'hack', so to say:

I've taken 2 cheap pairs of eardefenders and removed the bits that cover the ears. This gives 2 plastic pieces to go over the shoulders. They are padded and will be comfortable and I'm hoping to adjust them by heating and bending the plastic that comes over the front and is too long. I'm now trying to find serependipitously a centre piece to bring the 2 arms together and transfer the weight to the waist. It may be rhododendron wood which can take many forms and there must be a piece in my wood pile [ or even on a growing on a largish shrub ] that just makes a Y shape that will fit..
Very much a work in progress .But my ideas on this might be of help while you are waiting for one - I think lots of the players on the forum have not liked them so there must be one for you somewhere.
such fun:mrcool

Agreed re excellent. I lost the instructions with mine and finally got round to adjusting it last week (one year on) and now it's even better. I use it for curved sop, alto and have used it on tenor, sitting and standing.

May sound expensive, but worth forking out for a new one if you can't find 2nd hand.

There is one advertised in the latest CASS magazine at £35. I'll pm you contact details in case he doesn't want them bandied about on public website.

Just spotted a new one at Thomann (b stock) for £34.67. There is a postage charge but may be worth it, especially if you need anything else.

Mine's hanging around my neck, you're not having it! :rofl:

Excellent bit of kit.

I was sceptical about it holding the weight of a baritone. Then I saw Colin Stetson hang a Conn 14M Bass off one at Café OTO and I was convinced.

I loathed it at first, but after some tweaking (I found it helpful to get a friend to look from behind to see where it was and wasn't fitting) I now wouldn't be without it.