All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

jazzbacks problems

Pee Dee

Hi
Anybody use jazzbacks? I bought and downloaded the backing for 'Georgia' and am having probs burning it. Tried on windows media player and was told ".zip not recognized", on Itunes - "unable to burn as source not known". Tried all ways, opened new folder, new playlist etc, but it aint having none of it. Probably me, I'm a bit of a duffer regarding computers. Any help/advice greatly appreciated. Snow allowing of course:)

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
I'd never heard of them until now. But after having looked at their site I don't think I'll be bothering. £2.99 for a rather indifferent backing track (going by their freebie) with no sheet music seems very poor value compared with, say, the Hal Leonard Jazz Playalongs (10 tracks for about £14 with real musicians playing them and dots for C, Bb, Eb and bass).

I'd have thought that they might have mentioned that the files come zipped.

Pee Dee

I'd never heard of them until now. But after having looked at their site I don't think I'll be bothering. £2.99 for a rather indifferent backing track (going by their freebie) with no sheet music seems very poor value compared with, say, the Hal Leonard Jazz Playalongs (10 tracks for about £14 with real musicians playing them and dots for C, Bb, Eb and bass).

I'd have thought that they might have mentioned that the files come zipped.
That's probably why it's a freebie. I downloaded Georgia and seems ok, sounds like real instruments, drums, piano bass.
A fake to go with it would be good. You get the chords though. I have a fake sheet for this number, but it's in a different key, and laid out a bit differently, so i'll have to transpose it, and match the melody with the backing track. I have a few other backing tracks, Guest Spot etc, but you're not supposed to use them for a public performance, and these you can.
Give me something to do I suppose!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom