Jazz 'standards' chord book

half diminished

I've a couple of 'fake/real' books. Now that I'm beginning to learn a few standards, just wondered if there was a book that just had the chord progressions?

Preferably a small book and preferably in Bb :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
half diminished

half diminished

Where is Simon from jazzwise when you need him?
Don't see him much these days, shame. I have found these:

but only in concert pitch. Dunno how much hassle it would be to transpose them for tenor though and can I be bothered! They are edited by Mike Tracy, one of the tutors I met at the Jazzwise course last year.

Josh Johnson

Hi Ian,

There is a great bit of software you can but quite cheaply for an iphone or an ipod touch.

It is a Real Book, but better than that, you can type in the key you want the tune to be in and it tranposes the music there and then!

I've yet to buy this software, as I think it could make me lazy, but I've been on a gig with a baritone player who was using it.

The beautiful thing is, it's small; in fact, it fits in your phone.

I think I'm getting a touch of GAS. Where did I put the antacids?

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Hi Ian,

There is a great bit of software you can but quite cheaply for an iphone or an ipod touch.

It is a Real Book, but better than that, you can type in the key you want the tune to be in and it tranposes the music there and then!

I've yet to buy this software, as I think it could make me lazy, but I've been on a gig with a baritone player who was using it.

The beautiful thing is, it's small; in fact, it fits in your phone.

I think I'm getting a touch of GAS. Where did I put the antacids?
What is it called?

SYOS
Top Bottom