All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Courses/Workshops Jazz School UK

dooce

Locality
Daventry
This might be of interest to you aspiring, and indeed accomplished jazzers - details of a summer school featuring the likes of Dave O'Higgins, Alan Barnes and Dave Lewis in the nicely centrally located Northamptonshire town of Rushden. (I am sure Rushden has other good points as well, but I'll get back to you on that....... )

I have attended a one-day course here and it is seriously good and great VFM. Might be attending some of this course myself if time allows.

http://jazzschool.co.uk/pdf/SCposter14web.pdf

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
Looks very well structured and as you say good value

Do you know if it's mostly attended by day trippers or week long sign-ups?

From that page it looks as though they are the same Sauron/Semi-Frodo lot that you joined earlier this year and found brimming with Jazz theory... is the summer course as intellectually challenging?

dooce

Locality
Daventry
Looks very well structured and as you say good value

Do you know if it's mostly attended by day trippers or week long sign-ups?

From that page it looks as though they are the same Sauron/Semi-Frodo lot that you joined earlier this year and found brimming with Jazz theory... is the summer course as intellectually challenging?

I don't know who would attend it - you could ask Nick, the organiser. There is a fair description of the playing level needed in the flyer. You could also listen to the tunes that are listed for each day and decide if they are something that you could cope with. Preparation is essential for these courses if you want to get the max out of them, based on my experience. You can't just rock up there and hope you can wing it. Yes, I am pretty certain any of the courses will meet the description of "intellectually challenging" but surely that's a common basis for all learning!

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom