support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazz in the Southwest

Terry Quinney

Just wanted to say hello. I'm new to this forum and relitavely new to the UK. I've come over from Toronto, Canada and I'm now based in Wincanton in Somerset. I've been playing and teaching professionally for 12-ish years now and I am always looking for jam sessions etc.

I hope this doesn't come off as too presumptuous but here is a short solo excerpt from a recent show in Southampton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud0KOLVh3PA

Hope to meet and start jamming with you all soon!

tq

Hey Paul, I play tenor and sop a lot, I play a bit of alto these days, used to play tons. Ditto bari. Some doubling on flute and clarinet. I love all kinds of music. These days I'm playing some straight-ahead jazz, some modern, trad, looking to do more funk/soul. Anything that comes along, really. Nice to meet you!

tq

Hi Terry!

A big welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Collective here in South Wales. My last trumpet teacher was Canadian - top dude! Hope you enjoy some contact with us all on the forum, and look forward to getting to know you.

Kind regards
Tom

Hey Paul, I play tenor and sop a lot, I play a bit of alto these days, used to play tons. Ditto bari. Some doubling on flute and clarinet. I love all kinds of music. These days I'm playing some straight-ahead jazz, some modern, trad, looking to do more funk/soul. Anything that comes along, really. Nice to meet you!

tq

:cool: thanks for sharing!

Hi Terry

Welcome to the cafe from up here in Manchester from one of our novice players I think it will still be a while before I do any jamming with anyone but just got the Inner Game of Music so who knows it may prove to be an epiphany we can only hope:confused:

All the best ....john

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Terry,
welcome to the cafe.
(This will get some of you....) my ex-father-in-law is the Roaman Catholic priest in Wincanton.
I've only ever been to his church / flat and the pub opposite - the Nog Inn - for Boxing Day lunches, otherwise seems like a nice enough place.
Enjoy the cafe.
Mandy

Back
Top Bottom