All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Jazz dvd copying and playback

Moz

On my old (XP) PC I had [free] DVD shrink to copy my jazz and classical dvd's and then I used a free copy of cyberlink to play them back. I now have Windows 7 and none of that works. Does anyone know of any software that will enable me to copy DVD's to hard drive in such a way that I can play them back from hard drive using Wndows Media player or other such software. I don't mind buying the software but I have no idea what to buy...

Help!!

Martin

c9off

GOM player will play from dvd files on the hard drive (open the first .vob file in the video folder), it then will open each chapter seamlessly.. pretty sure media player did the same though?... I don't have to 'convert' anything... maybe I've misunderstood..

http://www.gomlab.com/eng/GMP_download.html

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
C9off, Windows doesn't have the DVD codec, neither do a lot of players, they rely on the codecs from the shrinkwraps that used to be installed.

c9off

C9off, Windows doesn't have the DVD codec, neither do a lot of players, they rely on the codecs from the shrinkwraps that used to be installed.

Have checked, media player currently playing a DVD just fine... as mentioned GOM will, obtaining codecs as needed in real time...

I may well have installed a codec pack for media player in the past, just can't remember specifically...

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I just did a clean XP install on the kids machine. Result, no DVD play WMP complained it couldn't find a codec. Same for Realplayer. Until I installed the player that was thrown in with the machine. Then the other two started working.

Top Bottom