All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Jazz band??

breathless

Hi all. I'd like to go out this Saturday evening with the wife and see a live jazz band!
I've looked at Ronnie scotts, jazz cafe but but am looking for more ideas?

I'm in Essex but London OK as long as we catch the last train!

Any ideas?

Lee.

breathless

Sunray thanks, will take a good look latter.
Paul, I've heard that before, is there a particular venue as there's a few of them?

Lee.

breathless

Big thanks to everyone for the suggestions, it's appreciated.
Well as long as the children sitting arrangements get sorted OK well be off to the 606 club on this occasion!

Fingers crossed it all works out.

Rgds Lee.

jazzdoh

+1 for pizza express soho plus looks like Kenny Garrett on this weekend.

Brian

breathless

Well it was a close call but it all worked out in the end, managed to arrange the wives parents to look after our offspring for the evening after we had booked a table at the 606 club.
So yesterday our journey began at around 4pm and drove to Dagenham from Dunmow to drop off our children, cup of tea and then drove into London (which wasn't an altogether unpleasant thing to do, its been a long time since I worked there but it hasn't changed much).
Arrived at the 606 at around 6.45, parked the car right opposite (free), and walked to the end of the road to a pub and had a coffee.

By the time we got back to the 606 at just before 8pm there was a small group waiting.
At 8pm the gate opened and in we went.

The place filled quickly and food was promptly served by very friendly staff. At just after 9pm Benn Clatworthy was introduced and the evening rolled on very quickly with note after note of ear caressing tunes.

Now I was slightly worried the good lady is not a fan of music however She admitted she did enjoy the evening (which is a big result, and she has already booked the parents child minding services for the cheltenham festival).

Well we stayed till the end and it was a fantastic evening which made the 100mile + journey and the 12 hours trip out all worth while.

Truly a fantastic evening, there will be more of those.

And thanks again for all your suggestions.

Rgds Lee.

Two Voices

Glad you had a good time. I need to think about heading over the waters for some jazz festivals this year.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom