support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

January 2015 Song of the Month

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Hi all,

@Taz has passed the baton on to me to pick the song for this month.
This is all new to me, so hopefully I have stuck by the rules (except that I couldn't really find any rules!)

So, I have picked "We can work it out" as my song.

The reason being that it was number one in the "hit parade" the week that I was born, and had been the Christmas number one the week before.

@Chris has kindly sorted out some notes and a backing track for us here: https://app.box.com/s/9tkb9uqw1ujd8gnn3cn9

Enjoy yourselves ;)

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to realise it was a Beatles number.
I was scratching my head for a long time.
Should be an interesting tune to get stuck into.
Looking forward to it.
Nick.

Had a play around with this tune earlier, what a good lesson in articulation>:) still can't stop it sounding like a exercise. @MandyH you picked a good one:)

"I Can't Work It Out Yet"

Chris..

Sounds like you got it worked out :)

Not that I am any expert and by no means a criticism but it sounded very polite I'd like to here a version with a bit more welly :sax::sax:

Jx

Love them all so far...all very different interpretations. Jeanette, you may need to translate "a bit more welly" for the non-British among us. :)

Yes, sorry not a very musical term was it and like I said it was by no means a criticism I liked Chris's version. I would just like to hear the sax a bit louder and stronger. :)

Jx

Chris has said before that he has to consider his neighbors when playing and unfortunately results in a somewhat 'muted' sound. I've been in a similar situation before and can identify. It was so nice when I was finally in a place where I could just rear back and blow, not recently though as I had to be prescribed an inhaler in an attempt to rid myself of these bronchial problems..

...good job everyone on this tune btw!

Just wanted to say thanks to Mandy for hosting this months thread. :thumb:

Next months host has been picked by Mandy. The song has been named
and everything is in place. Thanks to everyone who posted:thumb:

Chris..