Jan 2016- BOTM- When Sunny Gets Blue

Can I just re-post the version that bflat did in Oct 2014?

Sounds so beautiful.......

But on the more positive side, nothing lower than d on tenor for this tune.......yeee haw

That is a great help, still struggling with low c (and beyond)

No excuses for anyone not posting a version and a chance to see how we have improved..

Plus in fairness a lot of new members since Oct 2014, (myself included), from what I read from Oct 2014, a lot of positive reaction to this particular track........

Love to hear Saxennd, Alice, Prof and Trimmy blast on this one

I am excited to try my new tenor, get ready for those moo's.........

I love this song. It brings back memories of walking back to Army barracks after a Saturday Night Dance at the Majestic in Wellington in 1964. Slightly drunk and singing it at the top of my voice (badly). Thank goodness there were no residents on that road...

As Chris said a chance to check for improvements over the last fifteen months.

Edit: Deja Vu. I said virtually the same thing in October 2014. My memory is getting worse :)

Last edited:
Very nice Jimmylh

Sorry to anyone who is a regular to BOTM, I guess I should have looked back through the history before choosing but as has been said, for those who did it in 2014 maybe you can post your old and new version and we/you can compare & contrast and hopefully see your progression?

This backing track is a bit faster than I usually play this tune
made it interesting.

View: https://soundcloud.com/bflateflat/whensunny-gets-blue-2

You can hear the one I did last year on my soundcloud account

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this one is any better than my last one.... but here it is

Sonny Gets Blue Again in 2016:

Last edited:
This backing track is a bit faster than I usually play this tune
made it interesting.

View: https://soundcloud.com/bflateflat/whensunny-gets-blue-2

You can hear the one I did last year on my soundcloud account
Wow!I wish I had enough years left to learn to play and improvise like you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love your playing and singing, but when listening to the recording through my system the sax and voice sound quite muffled---especially the sax. Is it something to do with the mix perhaps?

Probably more to do with the equipment you're using for playback. People listening on smartphones seem to get poor reproduction. I have no idea why.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom