support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I've got you...

Chilli

Barista
Locality
Southwest of France
Okay, I don't post much here, but read a lot. Call me a lurker. Except for today, when I've posted like 5 posts. Yay.
Anyway, I was browsing through (lame) recordings of the big band I play in and I thought: this might be mean towards our singer but this is a UK-based forum so they might not like the music, but at least, they'll appreciate his effort to sing in English.
Sound quality is very poor, you can't really tell the trumpets from the trombones and I had no mike (I'm on bari). But please listen to the rest of us besides our singer. Our Frenche singerrr. Who might be the only one of the band who doesn't have an accent in French (but certainly does in various other languages).
This is mostly meant to entertain ;)
The link: https://app.box.com/s/iucj32at5kfcalic6rnd
All comments most appreciated but not overly expected.
Thanks.

PS: proper tracks are on the way. We actually sound pretty good.

Ok, like you said the recording quality isn't good, but the band sound really tight! You have all obviously put a lot of hard work into it and it's certainly paid off. I love the way the singer has taken this and done it in his own style, he's a bit like a "Club" singer (British Humour and no offence is meant by this comparison ;))

Ha! Thanks Taz. No offence taken, that's the only singer we've got.
Lots of work, I don't know. Last time we rehearsed that one was at a gig... I can't recall playing it without an audience. We have a pretty good trumpet section, they're doing all the hard work, I suppose. The band must have worked on it before I was there, though.
Thanks for listening!

Very nice, Chilli. I was listening to it through my earplugs at the kitchen table whilst the wife was getting supper. I backed it up halfway through and pulled the earplugs so she could have a listen. She's only fifty but she knows all these tunes and loves hearing big bands playing this stuff. A big thumbs up from her, too. That French accent on the singerr is a plus!
Jim

Nice arrangement Chilli. Thought the band sounded great. Would love to hear more.

Yes please post us some more :)

Jx

Thank you everyone for your nice comments :)

Here are a couple more, with a much better sound. This was actually a "real" recording session organised by our sound man. Hopefully, he'll get his diploma with it :)
Birdland
Shiny Stockings

You guys all sound good together.
Great job.

Hey, that is good!

What is the name of the band, and where in SW France are they based?

Back
Top Bottom