support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

iTunes help

half diminished

Locality
Buckinghamshire
Anyone understand how this works?

I use a Mac. I have an iTunes library and an iPod. Since the lovely mrs hd has banned my Mac Pro purchase I have been looking to create some extra HDD space and so I've cleared out all of the iTunes music that I also have on CD and that I don't play so much. This has reduced my iTunes Library from c.90GB down to 42.5GB - as shown in iTunes (2136 tunes, 42.56GB).

In my Music folder (on the imac) I still have over 74GB of music files which includes many of the albums I have just deleted from iTunes.

In my iTunes Library folder (user/music/itunes/itunesmusic) there seems to be only 15GB of data. What is going on?

I was hoping to get the iTunes 'data' down to the 42GB that is on my iPod. So, why the discrepancy? Why do I still have all these music files even after deleting them?

It makes no sense to me. Can anyone explain this?

Hi HD, my daughter has just done some screen shots for you to follow, explaining what to do. If you pm me your email, I'll gladly send them to you.

Hi HD, my daughter has just done some screen shots for you to follow, explaining what to do. If you pm me your email, I'll gladly send them to you.

Thanks for the offer but it appears that I am sorted. Had some advice from elsewhere also. Many thanks to your daughter! :)