All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

It's the Talk of the Town

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Sat in with my old band Thursday night and this old standard turned up.

Took me ages to find some dots and lyrics. I missed the "It's the" off the search. Technology eh?

https://soundcloud.com/colin-the-bear/its-the-talk-of-the-town

It seems clarinet is taking over my playing at the mo. I've just discovered that my B&H78 is a Bundy 1400 stencil. No wonder the Selmer goldentone mouthpiece suits it. And here's me trying to be all French on it.

Last edited:

Fraser Jarvis

Nice bit of Claranettin there Bear, are they pretty easy to play when you can play a sax? or are they a complete different animal?

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Clarinet to sax is easy. The other way round is harder but not impossible. There's a lot of extra finger positions and keys on the clarinet to accomodate the break. The the register key takes you up a 12th not an octave like the sax. Bottom register is the same as alto, upper register is same as soprano. It makes my brain hurt if I think about what I'm doing. Embouchure has to be a little tighter and less flexible. You can pick one up 2nd hand on ebay £30ish if you facy a bash. It will swing and jazz but it won't rock lol

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
Clarinet to sax is easy. The other way round is harder but not impossible. There's a lot of extra finger positions and keys on the clarinet to accomodate the break. The the register key takes you up a 12th not an octave like the sax. Bottom register is the same as alto, upper register is same as soprano. It makes my brain hurt if I think about what I'm doing. Embouchure has to be a little tighter and less flexible. You can pick one up 2nd hand on ebay £30ish if you facy a bash. It will swing and jazz but it won't rock lol

You've never mentioned you play the clarinet as well, very nice ....John

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom