support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Its Sunny So A Quick Summertime

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Seen the sun so pressed record and done a quick run through of Summertime.Hope the sun lasts though :))):))):)))

Hope it brings red hot days,lots of cold beer and some shrimps on the barbie :))):))):)))

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's in England now visiting her Mother. The first thing she writes about is when the sun comes out and it's a nice day. Hmmm? I guess it's the first thing you play about?

Only had one listen and as always you play well, just not sure about your interpretation. Maybe it will grow on me if I hear it more? Kudos for different, which beats the hell out of all those who just beat this up.

quick run through of Summertime

I was trying to play Summertime just a few minutes ago. I feel embarrassed by my effort now, and am glad that mine wasn't recorded for posterity.

That was so well played and interesting. I didn't especially like it all, but particularly enjoyed it around the one minute mark.

Had another listen and I think that your initial playing reminds me of the Miles version with the Gil Evans arrangement (which I love). Problem is that the backing is wrong for this interpretation, it's a matter of fit. Once you are doing your improvisations it fits a lot better. Maybe do a version without the backing?

Had another listen and I think that your initial playing reminds me of the Miles version with the Gil Evans arrangement (which I love). Problem is that the backing is wrong for this interpretation, it's a matter of fit. Once you are doing your improvisations it fits a lot better. Maybe do a version without the backing?

I may well ,in no hurry.As said Wade it was sunny,went up stairs to warm up before my gig later that night,pressed record,10 minutes later i was downloading it to youtube.No planning,prep or thouht.Just a blow.For a 5 minute blow i kind of like it.Not great and it could be alot betterof course if i sat and took a few days on it but hey ho they say.I work fast most of the time.You can get the warts and all factor like that i know.Thanks for a having another listen.Sorry i've not got round to checking some of your new stuff but i've been very busy but will do this week for sure.I always enjoy your duo stuff as you know.Hope your getting sorted after the fire Wade.Keep your chin up fella and keep blowing your horn,cheers dave.