Tutorials

It's like falling in love all over again!

So I packed my tenor away a few years ago, as life tends to get in the way sometimes, (in general I mean, not a custodial sentence). Then a friend of mine asks me to play at his garden party. I agree, and go back up into the loft to rekindle the old spark.
There she waits patiently.
I approach without flowers or chocolates.
There's no "my mother was right about you" or "oh don't think you can just click your fingers & I'll come running after all this time", just my trusty sax looking as beautiful as ever, and not a day older.
Ok, so I've treated her to some fresh cork grease (only the best) and a new mouthpiece, but the point is I didn't wait to be asked.
We just kinda picked up where we left off & within a couple of evenings we were up same old tricks again and it was like we were never apart.
If only everything in life could be this simple :sax:

saxyjt

That's great. I wish I could stop and go like that.

These days I feel like my game is going down the drain as I don't have much time to practice anymore. Perhaps another 30 years will do the trick! :w00t:

OP
joolsyboywonder
That's great. I wish I could stop and go like that.

These days I feel like my game is going down the drain as I don't have much time to practice anymore. Perhaps another 30 years will do the trick! :w00t:
I know the feeling. I would have loved to play sax for a living.
Or even sold them.
Or maybe just swept up & made the tea in a saxophone shop (I make great tea & sweep up really well if anyone's interested ).
I'm a joiner by trade so playing sax is purely for pleasure & fortunately a break of 2 or 3 years doesn't put me right back to square one.
Having said that, if I had the time I would play a lot better.

Top Bottom