support Tone without tears Beginners' impro Patterns & exercises

It works best at start of playing?

rotate

I am a complete beginner: can play 'Amazing Grace' :) and some of the notes sound quite nice and saxophony.

The thing is, it plays best at the start and then, in a matter of 2 or 3 minutes, gets much harder to play. Is this telling me something? Great thanks any help.

i`ll pretty much guarantee its your mouth getting tired.....have a little rest then play again....you might find it sounds good again....it will get better with practice.

I am a complete beginner: can play 'Amazing Grace' :) and some of the notes sound quite nice and saxophony.

The thing is, it plays best at the start and then, in a matter of 2 or 3 minutes, gets much harder to play. Is this telling me something? Great thanks any help.

A possible cause, apart from inexperience, is that your mouthpiece has a tip opening too wide for you at the moment. Or perhaps you play too hard a reed. If both of these are satisfactory, daily practice for the next several years will bring about a big change in any case.