PPT mouthpieces

It was bound to happen

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Here's one for our IT wizards,I'm sure it's smple but it has me stumped

I was out working in my cab armed with my shiny new i pad to keep me amused whilst sitting on ranks for long periods (the job is really on it's knees).So I'm on a rank outside a wagamama restaurant playing and get a wagamama free wifi pop up so I think why not, better than using up my time on the sim card that I got with the i pad,so it says for free wifi press here up pops a long list of suplier choices "don't understand this for one thing" things like o2 4u and lots of others that I can't just remember,so I pick one and a long list of information pops up,well I'm always wary about giviing out info over interweb so I think naa lets not bother so then I try to get rid of it, well I just couldn't get out of it no cancel tab anywhere I could go back to the first pop up page but that was it no cancel tab and I couldn't get rid of it, if I put in a new address to go to it kept flicking back to the wagamama page.so I closed the i pad down and turned it back on press safari and up pops wagamama again,the only way I could get rid was to go into settings and close down wifi altogether,any advice greatfully received.....john

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm on a rank outside a wagamama restaurant playing
Cant help you with the IT question John, but you say you practice whilst waiting on the rank? and with a music ap on your i thing, what a good idea, i work away quite a bit and sometimes take my sax to practice, mind you the last time it was at Ipswich on the half term (there half term is a week earlier than Leicester) and i didn't know, so the hotel was full of young families and i couldn't do very much...

Cant help you with the IT question John, but you say you practice whilst waiting on the rank? and with a music ap on your i thing, what a good idea, i work away quite a bit and sometimes take my sax to practice, mind you the last time it was at Ipswich on the half term (there half term is a week earlier than Leicester) and i didn't know, so the hotel was full of young families and i couldn't do very much...

Sorry misled you a bit there the playing was with the i pad, I have considered doing just that though but there are problems,it's very confined in the front of a cab so would have to sit in the back to play and you've always got one ear on the radio hoping for work which you might miss while playing, but the biggest problem is that on long ranks they are continually moving up as cabs go off the front so you would have to keep moving into the front all the time to move the cab so it's not as easy as you might expect...All the best...john

ps how do you like your king alto

am hopeless with computers but have a local istore, they rescue me on a frequent basis, have even taken the mac back to the shop in the box of shame (original packaging so everyone will look and think there goes someone who knows nothing about computers) before for them to sort out. Have noticed that they often listen to what the problem is and just type it into google and sort from there.
Hope you get it sorted, on another note often practiced trumpet in the car not ideal sound wise!! but scales and exercises ok, got lots of weird looks tho.

Thanks for the input, it was a thought if things get desperate maybe I should have said that when I go out of range of wagamama it's not there but as I tend to use that particular rank quite a lot it would be better if I could sort it.Having had a look round the interweb problem pages it seems to be the case that you need to divulge certain info to use some of these free sites clarification on this from our wizards would be a great help.One of the worrying things that happened was that as I was scrolling back trying to find a cancel tab one of the pages with a list of suppliers then seemed to have prices per month in small letters as if they were trying to trick you into a monthly payment plan which I obviously don't want...bemused...john

Sorry misled you a bit there the playing was with the i pad, I have considered doing just that though but there are problems,it's very confined in the front of a cab so would have to sit in the back to play and you've always got one ear on the radio hoping for work which you might miss while playing, but the biggest problem is that on long ranks they are continually moving up as cabs go off the front so you would have to keep moving into the front all the time to move the cab so it's not as easy as you might expect...All the best...john

What about the 'nino?

Sorry, John - can't help with the IT problem, but we occasionally need a cab in Manchester. Could you either practise with a sopranino in the front seat or stick a saxophone mascot on the cab so that we can recognise you and support a fellow saxophonist?

You need to remove the wagamamma Wifi connection from your iPad. I don't have an iPad but there will probably be a list of default or automatic connections in the Wifi settings, you need to find the one you connected to and then either remove it or set it so that it doesn't connect automatically (if your not going to use it again I would just remove it). Once you've done this it won't connect to it again unless you tell it to.

Probably the best alto I've ever played, apart from a very early 1953 Selmer that was unbelievable, I've never really found a mouthpiece for the king though that i like since i ruined the soloist i was using, am on a Beechler now but you know its still not quite there..

Try a Brilhart Personaline. They sound really sweet on a King... Not easy to find at a sensible price these days.

You need to remove the wagamamma Wifi connection from your iPad. I don't have an iPad but there will probably be a list of default or automatic connections in the Wifi settings, you need to find the one you connected to and then either remove it or set it so that it doesn't connect automatically (if your not going to use it again I would just remove it). Once you've done this it won't connect to it again unless you tell it to.

Agree - I have an iPhone, not an iPad... assuming they are similar.

You should have a icon for 'settings' in there, there should be 'wifi', click in it and it will list wifi connecitions it knowns about and any ones in the area. Find the offending one, click on it and you should be able to delete it.

Sorry, John - can't help with the IT problem, but we occasionally need a cab in Manchester. Could you either practise with a sopranino in the front seat or stick a saxophone mascot on the cab so that we can recognise you and support a fellow saxophonist?

I'll do better than that I'll pm you my mobile any work gratefully received at the moment, and always glad to be of assistance to any forum members that come to M/C ..All the best....john

This is my problem actually figuring out how to do that thanks ...john

Agree - I have an iPhone, not an iPad... assuming they are similar.

You should have a icon for 'settings' in there, there should be 'wifi', click in it and it will list wifi connecitions it knowns about and any ones in the area. Find the offending one, click on it and you should be able to delete it.

Thanks I will give that a try...john

Soory, no idea about anything Apple - too proprietary and too much of a fashion accessory for me to buy in. Apples for the poseurs, windows for the masses, *nix for the teccies and mainframes for the dinosaurs is my philosphy.

Soory, no idea about anything Apple - too proprietary and too much of a fashion accessory for me to buy in. Apples for the poseurs, windows for the masses, *nix for the teccies and mainframes for the dinosaurs is my philosphy.
There is a lot of truth in what Kev says and this is from an AppleFanboy.

Been one for over twenty years, using Pagemaker running on a computer that did not run Command Lines, converted me alongside the Macintosh. Jobs and the Woz made usable computers for the average Joe. It is now a fashion item, which is why I use a proper Apple computerand refuse to own or use an iPhone, iPod or iPad.

Maybe that explains the joke, Mandy.

Back
Top Bottom