All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

It was a Dark and Stormy Night.........

MontyMac

{{{{{uhhhhmm? No, Wait; different forum!}}}}}

It started with a Charity Show my Lovely and Brilliant Wife and I do every year.
Her on stage, both of us making costumes, me building props, sets, and stage crewing off stage and on, even in costume. This year's Vegas theme needed Saxes and the Orchestra was onstage for the whole show (yup, you guessed it, on a BIG Wagon) As Half of my school years were spent playing Bari I felt confident that even though it had been over 20 years since I'd played at all, armed with my daughter's freshly overhauled Buescher Aristocrat Tenor, that I wouldn't Suck Too Bad! And I didn't! The fingers remembered! Well mostly.....
Sorry to say afterward, the Fever took me and somewhere beyond reason I found a Rescue Bari on Fleabay. Let's just say, "Former School Instrument" {Translation: "Treated Like A Crack Whore!"} was Not In Its Description.
It seems my idea of finding a fixer-upper has been answered beyond my wildest imagination. (Insert Nightmare here for most normal people but then, I'm not.)
Be that as it may; the Most Intriguing Part is that although it is Clearly an unmarked Keilwerth New King IV Stencil, circa 1968 by the JK Serial Number list, with the exception of One Alto found on SOTW, there are no records of an Evette Schaeffer Master Baritone Saxophone that I can find, Anywhere; including queries sent to The Buffet Group.
So anyone with Information leading to the Identity of the Jane Doe Sax, please leave a comment or PM me!
And many thanks again to the Admin for quickly straightening out my registration issue!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
{{{{{uhhhhmm? No, Wait; different forum!}}}}}

It started with a Charity Show my Lovely and Brilliant Wife and I do every year.
Her on stage, both of us making costumes, me building props, sets, and stage crewing off stage and on, even in costume. This year's Vegas theme needed Saxes and the Orchestra was onstage for the whole show (yup, you guessed it, on a BIG Wagon) As Half of my school years were spent playing Bari I felt confident that even though it had been over 20 years since I'd played at all, armed with my daughter's freshly overhauled Buescher Aristocrat Tenor, that I wouldn't Suck Too Bad! And I didn't! The fingers remembered! Well mostly.....
Sorry to say afterward, the Fever took me and somewhere beyond reason I found a Rescue Bari on Fleabay. Let's just say, "Former School Instrument" {Translation: "Treated Like A Crack Whore!"} was Not In Its Description.
It seems my idea of finding a fixer-upper has been answered beyond my wildest imagination. (Insert Nightmare here for most normal people but then, I'm not.)
Be that as it may; the Most Intriguing Part is that although it is Clearly an unmarked Keilwerth New King IV Stencil, circa 1968 by the JK Serial Number list, with the exception of One Alto found on SOTW, there are no records of an Evette Schaeffer Master Baritone Saxophone that I can find, Anywhere; including queries sent to The Buffet Group.
So anyone with Information leading to the Identity of the Jane Doe Sax, please leave a comment or PM me!
And many thanks again to the Admin for quickly straightening out my registration issue!
Must have been the boss.

We're just about getting somewhere on the Evette story here: http://www.woodwindforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=41299#post41299

Not a promising title, but read the thread... I'm sure some pics there would go down well.

Oh, and a big welcome from me too!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, MontyMac.

Do you do the full monty whilst playing?

ENJOY!
​™

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Welcome back to the fold. Hopefully bringing the beast back to life will not dull your enthusiasm.

MontyMac

Welcome to the caff©, MontyMac.

Do you do the full monty whilst playing?

ENJOY!
​™
Thank you kindly, but I haven't and don't believe I ever would, old git.
It'd be frightfully depressing watching that many people laugh themselves to death! :-(

MontyMac

Welcome back to the fold. Hopefully bringing the beast back to life will not dull your enthusiasm.
If anything, rebuilding the poor old girl will make it 100 times more enjoyable!I started straightening the main tube yesterday and a little more today. Got most of the bend across the SideC/C tone holes and where the bell support had been driven in and messed up the G tone hole, pushed out along with about a dozen other dings and dents. Along with the serial dent up the whole back side.As no case came with it, I'd say it was run over by the Instrument Truck at a Football Game or something along those lines. And there are plenty of older half-assed repairs that will need to be addressed. I also have some interesting mods/additions to make. New Bell-Body Brace and Crook Bracing. Matching bottom Bow guard with an integral foot peg socket. And a unique case. Of course a lot of that will be after I get her singing again. And I'll be on the lookout for a Low A ESMaster; if one exists that is. No. I don't think the enthusiasm will fade too soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

TomMapfumo

Hi Monty!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Lites down by yer in South Wales, mind. Love the title of your post - brings back real memories of books etc. and early days with my three girls - one of whom is currently studying at Univ. North Carolina.
Hope you have a great time here!

Kind regards
Tom

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom