All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Is this young lady really playing?

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Roger
Its amazing what botox can do. Give her a few years and she'll look like Dizzy.
Andrew

Jack

I looked closely. She is playing. Marvelously well. I was trying to see. Anyone know what kind of trumpet she is playing? Looks as though she's playing a bit off center of her mouth. She could play in my band anytime.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
She's got a great tone. And she's playing at one of the BIG festivals along the canal in Amsterdam. I bet she was really nervous.... Big future there, methinks.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
such a processed tone it was pretty tricky to work out what she really sounded like

milandro

she's real, and good,

and she has been good for some time and getting better because this was some time ago

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxlicker

Nicely played, but she seems to put so little effort into it, no moving of the facial muscles, etc, that my cynical mind just wondered ;}
She just really concentrates on her air stream. The more clips you watch the more you can tell its all being done on the inside. Very disciplined and controlled.

such a processed tone it was pretty tricky to work out what she really sounded like
You think so? I'm not picking up on that.

BigMartin

I'm always a little troubled when I see these wonderkids that they don't look like they're having much fun.

milandro

I don't think she's doing too bad.....

http://www.melissavenema.nl/eng/pages/display/home

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Thanks Milandro. Really shows her well. Some nice videos in there, interesting interview!.

Jack

These "Wunderkinder" are great. I say get good, make money. If you have money you can afford any kind of fun you want.

BigMartin

These "Wunderkinder" are great. I say get good, make money. If you have money you can afford any kind of fun you want.
But may be too emotionally scarred to appreciate it. I'm not saying that about this particular girl. I don't know anything about her and I wish her well. It was just that she looked a bit detached in some of her videos. But money and a successful career aren't everything (at least I hope not, or I'm in big trouble :))

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I think she's one of these people who concetnrates so much on what they're playing that the face lokos unemotional, complete opposite to those who pull funny faces - like Simon Rattle...

Top Bottom