SYOS

Is it Irish?

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Here's an ultra simple two chord piece that's a mood with variations. 100% improvisation but too simple to called free jazz. Feel's Irish? I don't know where that would come from as the Guitarist is German and I was born in California. Go figure. Sorry about the hum, bad connector from the guitar to the recorder.
DeadAudiolink Removed

Comments welcome

llamedos

That is truly beautiful; many thanks for posting it. Is it my imagination or is some kind of tonality inspiration coming from Uillean pipes? I shall listen to it again if only because I wasn't aware that a soprano could sound like that! I'm quite honestly blown away.

Dave

Mike

Very delicate music. Oh good...Grounding noise only...I thought my tinnitus kicked up another gear! lol...

So much emotion can be felt with just a simple approach to improvisation. I think that's wonderful. I could hear the extension of the emotion pouring into the keys as you press one to the other, which is something I need to work on.
I think your playing is elegant. Easy expressive strokes with a figurative brush. Nice thematics. Your sense of melody is highly praised!

Nice work!

rockplayer

Very good, flowed eloquently and you're tone and phrasing were excellent. Reminded me more of some of the progressive rock music I listened to in the 70's, ala Camel.

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Thanks to all for your positive responses (negative responses are also OK). I wasn't sure how it would be received as many here are into "playing the changes" and this really has no changes. It's a melodic exploration that's improvised.
Is it jazz would have been just as valid a question.

Top Bottom