All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Recording Is a Zoom H2n the right thing to buy.

Jobylou

Hi
My son has recorded me playing today and I found it really useful but I dont understand all of his recording setup, so I was thinking it would be handy to be able to record myself to measure my progess.
I have been reading up on the Zoom H2n and it sounds great but I wondered if I can use it to record myself playing along to backing tracks?
any advise very gratefully recieved.
thanks
Jo

Hi Jobylou there was quite a bit of info on this a few months ago quite a few people had them and were really happy with them I tried to find the thread no luck though but i'm sure someone with a better memory will point you in the right direction.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Yes its a great recording device.Will do you proud.Plenty of posts on here with info but there really a very simple thing to use with fantastic results.

Marcello

I have one myself.... can connect on the computer and record with Audacity.
I also have the IrealB on my IPad and put the backing tracks to play on my speaker, put the mic on the center and play the sax on the other side.... it records fairly (i believe)...

Jobylou

Thank you all so much for your replies, I bought one yesterday, now I just need to work out how to use it!
Will have a read through the other thread now :)

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Too late now, but yes! I have a Zoom H2 and it is constantly in use in our house.
I've just switched mine from recording .WAV to recording .MP3 and I can now record up to 34 hours non stop onto the SD card....if I really wanted to!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Menu > rec mode > then scroll with the right FF or left FR arrows to pick whatever recording mode > then press the red button to select.
I have MP3 256kbps selected, but you can pick whatever you like.
I guess a smaller number of kbps would result in a poorer audio quality eventually, but for my ears, for recording my playing as an excercise in self-education that seems pretty good to me.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Hey Mandy H you must be ok at playing if you could listen to 34 hrs of you playing I think around 34 sec of me playing would be enough probably not worth me buying one then.

:))) :)))
I play in a number of different bands and it's useful to record ourselves.
It's easier if we can just set the recorder off at the beginning and then crop afterwards.
Eg on Friday, I recorded almost 6 hours in a workshop, and finished up with about 30 minutes spread over 5 pieces worth keeping! The rest as they say is on the cutting room floor!

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom