All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Saxophones Is £1250 good for a MkVI tenor?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
toooo cheap - go round, check really carefully and buy. don't miss it. Before you do that get the serial number from the seller. If he won't give it to you, probably dodgy.

jazzdoh

Way too cheap,if it is on Ebay as one of the Buy it now with a email address in the description (they appear quite often) its a scam.
If it is a private sale find out as much history as you can,you have to ask yourself who would sell something that is a about third of the price they normally go for.

Fraser Jarvis

Would suggest you don't ask to many questions, just go round, make sure it's the real deal and buy it, there was another guy asking similar questions recently only to find it was sold by the time he'd made a decision. Many years ago my sax teacher saw an ad in the Leicester Mercury for a Selmer saxophone for less than £100, he hot footed it round to the house to find a very nice SBA alto being sold by a lady who's musician husband had just died and did not now anything about it, he told me that in his haste to get away he put it in a carrier bag and didn't stop to ask about the case! guess the morel is don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

jbtsax

Café Supporter
According to my Terapeak Ebay research service in the past 90 days there have been 43 Mark VI tenors sold.

The average price was £3392. The lowest price was £1304. If the instrument is in fair to good condition £1250 is a good price.

AndyWhiteford

lots of scams going on on Gumtree, ebay etc etc- watch out!
( i was tempted by a local Selmer Baritone at TOO cheap a price, on Gumtree......)

DavidUK

Café Supporter
If its on Craigslist---forget it !!
Regards.

Yes, London seller replied that I could view it in Elgin (as far away as possible so I'll agree to buy via post), then, when I said that was fine he sent another massage asking me to add £70 for international postage (from Nigeria?) to the UK.

I've said that's fine and asked for his bank details.

I was scammed last year on Freeads. Spoke to the seller and agreed a price which I paid via BT. The item didn't arrive and he stopped answering his mobile. My wife phoned as another buyer, said she could only pay by cash sent via special delivery, and so greedy was he that he gave her an address to send it to. That, along with his bank details and phone number got him and an accomplice arrested. The case continues....

;}

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom