All profit supporting   special needs music

IOTM November 2016: Uncle Mitchell

carburetor

Locality
Virginia, USA
The moral of the story for me is: never keep your saxophone in any kind of elevated position unless it is bolted down and cannot move. I had it on a stand on a table because I had been doing some work on it. I casually walk by, bump it with my arm, and boom, life changes course. Things are fragile, you know?

carburetor

Locality
Virginia, USA
Well the time came again for rehearsal with my musical accomplices, and, having no tenor, I got out my new soprano with my new mouthpiece and gave it a shot. Aside from the doodling I did while testing out the sax and the mouthpieces, this is the first playing I've ever done on soprano.

I was trading solos with the same two blokes who played the backing track with me. I edited out my solos from two takes that we did, hence the plethora of fadeouts (okay it's only two).

carburetor

Locality
Virginia, USA
Also, I must say that I am very happy with my purchases. Although I only paid $540 for it, this soprano is the best sax I've ever had (I've only ever had one other though haha). It seems to be quite well made; the keys feel good and it's easy to play. And this is the first "real" (hard rubber, not plastic, and costing more than $20) mouthpiece I've owned. It's fantastic!

wheeeeeeeeeeee

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Very good for an early sop player. A few long tones and you're there.