All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Reeds Internet reeds

AlanU

Hello, and Happy New Year!

Has anyone here tried www.internetreeds.com ?
They only sell their own brand, but alto reeds are £7.50 for a box of ten, for example.

Thanks

AlanU

Thanks Chris, I did a search before asking, but nothing came up.
I don't like playing scaffold boards, so I'll miss.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I can't compare, cos I havent tried internet reeds own brand, but Flying Goose are also rather plank like.

singlereed

They are awful. I have tried various strengths and they were all stuffy and very inconsistent - this was on alto sax. I was disappointed, there is something nice in the sound but I just couldn't get them to play properly without extensive adjustment. There was a review in the CASS magazine that said the same thing. Shame, I wanted to like them as they are British and much cheaper than other makes.

MartinL

They are awful. I have tried various strengths and they were all stuffy and very inconsistent - this was on alto sax. I was disappointed, there is something nice in the sound but I just couldn't get them to play properly without extensive adjustment. There was a review in the CASS magazine that said the same thing. Shame, I wanted to like them as they are British and much cheaper than other makes.

I've just thrown my last free one out.. disappointed and I so wanted to like them too.

littleplum

Hi Alex

What strength are you using in comparison to your old brand and which type of sax do you play on. I had the free ones and found them hard, but would be interested if the right strength could be found.

Top Bottom