interface/mixer

tom9437

Hi i am using oldish laptop a Evo N400c Compaq. I have a u.s.b. prosound mic. and will use Gold wave..Can anyone tell me what mixer or interface i need to complete my set up please thank you Tom. Oh and make it simplee lol

Mamos

I'm not sure but if you have a usb mic I don't think you need an interface.

check out misiconmypc.co.uk (could be .com)

They have quite a few information pages on stuff like this

mamos

Mikec

It depends what you're trying to do, Tom. If you want to record yourself playing over backing tracks, Audacity (which is free) would be a better piece of software than Goldwave, which is an excellent sound editor, but not a multitrack recorder. Audacity has a built-in mixer, so you wouldn't need any more gear than you have now. If you want to record several people simultaneously, though, that's a different matter...

OP
T

tom9437

Thanks Mike.c can you please tell me the right Audacity to down load many thanks. yes its to record myself but i wanted to try and get a good sound. regards Tom

Mikec

Thanks Mike.c can you please tell me the right Audacity to down load many thanks. yes its to record myself but i wanted to try and get a good sound. regards Tom
Assuming you're using Windows XP or Vista, then Audacity 1.2.6 should be fine. With a little experimentation with mic positioning etc. you should be able to get reasonably good sound, but it will take some practice.

Top Bottom