All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Strings Interesting guitar technique

Mike

Links not working Mike.
Will look direct later.
Andy
Andy, try this....I originally uploaded them from my Kindle Fire so apparently it copied the links incorrectly. I posted only one, but if interested you'll see more from this musician.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Great post Mike.
Very interesting technique. The neck needs to be elevated like that to reach some of those enormous stretches.
I use a slightly less elevated position when playing chord solos such as John Mclaughlin's "My Foolish Heart".
This bloke certainly knows his way around the fretboard.

Thanks for finding this.

Andy

Mike

Great post Mike.
Very interesting technique. The neck needs to be elevated like that to reach some of those enormous stretches.
I use a slightly less elevated position when playing chord solos such as John Mclaughlin's "My Foolish Heart".
This bloke certainly knows his way around the fretboard.

Thanks for finding this.

Andy
Yes, his technique is so smooth and fluid.
I''ve been playing guitar for a couple of years and every time I see this guy play
I want to play, although I'm not even closely associated with that kind of dexterity.

He brings about a certain inspiration in spite of the fact I'm not that good.....

You''re very welcome!

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Subscriber
Thanks Mike. Amazing to watch, and it got me wondering how I classify different genres. He called this minor blues in C, but if someone asked me to listen to it and then describe, I wouldn't have thought of "the blues" (and I've widdled along to blues on guitar, and listened to it, since I was a nipper). I wonder if it's the underlying chord progression that makes him term it blues?

Whatever, I enjoyed the clip, thanks for posting.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom