All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Instrument insurance cover.

breathless

noticed an add in the back of this months Jazzwise magazine for Allianz insurance.

just took a look on-line at http://www.allianzmusicalinsurance.co.uk/ and was very surprised to find they could cover my brand spanking new Yanagisawa T901 inc- worldide unattended vehicle cover and all the other stuff inc- accidental damage, theft, aswel as loss in value for the princely some of £3.59 a month with a promotional offer of 1 month free!

oh, and it includes Smartwater!

Ive been meaning to ask about peoples insurance experiences, however for that small fee it seemed good value, so took the offer.

Lee.

navarro

Hi Lee, I am with the same company very efficient. They send the smart water after issuing your policy. I checked them out with a broker friend and she said they are a very uncomplicated company without a lot of small print but excellent value for money. I have been with them for about a month. So thankfully I have not had to send in a claim. Regds. N.

breathless

thanks, Navorro lets hope we dont have to use it! good to know there thought well of. Allianz is a big company, must say though that I thought the online policy creation was very simple compared to other companys, took me all of 5 minutes and that was while I was thinking about it for a while!

Lee.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
I know a number of players (mostly string players) who use them and say they're very good. I've been thinking of using them too.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
I've used them for years- had to claim twice for sax damage. very good in both cases... highly recommended

AlbionLass

Have used Allianz (used to be known as British Reserve) for insuring instruments for several years. Excellent value for money premiums and have the advantage that they understand that a sax, violin etc is different from a laptop or tv if it comes to making a claim. Have never had cause to claim prsonally but I know people who have and they say the service was excellent.
I also now have a drawer full of bottles of Smart Water as they send one everytime I take out a new policy.

breathless

It's good to hear people have had positive dealings with Allianz, I knew they were a big company. I'm not normally one to commit to something before checking them out however it seemed clear and straight forward, so im pleased in this case my sense of instinct served me well.

It's good to have the piece of mind it's covered, it's an expensive item to have to replace.

Rgds Lee.

breathless

Hi all, I took out the Alianz insurance and have just received the smart water kit. I was wondering if those that have used it, if there are any concerns regarding if it's marked the finish of your laquer ect-?

Just a bitof concern as to where on the saxophone to use this stuff?

Rgds Lee.

navarro

Hi Lee I have a TJ raw so do not have laquer. The only difference the smart water has made the patch treated seemed to lighten up as if I had buffed it, but now it is back to normal.

I did my case as well. The only gripe I have had is that I do display my SW label on my sax case but they keep coming off and indeed I have lost them.

Went to the local police station who are very keen on smart water and asked if they had any labels. A civilian member of the police replied rather curtly "No" End of conversation. Ello Ello Ello stop and search required. Best regards N.

breathless

cheers navarro, thats the sort of thing I wanted to no.

personally i dont think warning stickers carry any weight to dis-suede any would be thief, if there going to steel something then thats that, and i dont think any sticker will make any difference.

but if it makes you feel better having them maybe its worth contacting the smart water company, im guessing they would send you a few.

Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom