support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Instrument case..

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
I’m looking for something to use as a case/gig bag for my musical saw. Its got to be about 34” long and about 10” wide at the to top hold the thick bit, a side pocket for rosin and pick up bug would be handy, as- ideally- would a long pocket for my cello bow. I’d originally considered getting a leather worker to custom build me something but then saw how much they charge; so am considering a ‘ready made’ from a tool/ gun etc shop. A soprano sax gig bag but about 15% bigger would be ideal.
Anyone any ideas on 'off the shelf' products which might fit the bill?

Sounds like a rifle or shotgun case might do the trick. I've got one at home, I'll measure it tonight and let you know the size.

Jon

I had a couple of flight cases made up a while back andy was surprised that they were not that expensive, will find one and hope the makers label is still on it!

Sounds like a rifle or shotgun case might do the trick. I've got one at home, I'll measure it tonight and let you know the size.

Jon

I think Jon is on the money here I was going to suggest something similar...

here's a link to NZ biggest gun shop (and the world apparently) showing some examples - you should be able to source something locally...and probably cheaper...

http://www.guncity.co.nz/gun-bags-xidg12590.html

Regards,

Greg S.

Hi Jules, just got round to checking my rifle case. It's long enough, 116cm, but might not be wide enough at the blunt end, 20cm wide. You might find a shotgun one is a bit wider, the stock on my rifle is pretty shallow.

The good news is you can get these sorts of things pretty cheaply, thirty quid for a basic one. You might have to go to a dodgy 'tactical quartermaster' type shop to get one. A proper gun shop will sell better quality but cost more.

Jon

Rifle Case?

Must remember to be extra polite to Jon in future but might try recruiting him into CaSLM.

Back
Top Bottom