support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Infant Eyes back in the US.

Jamesmac

This is Infant Eyes by Wayne Shorter, that I had recorded a while back using Clarinet and Soprano Sax, but now transfering everything, using you tube, as soundcloud wont work with my browser, so have added some footage I shot in New York a few years ago.
In case your wondering, the opening shot is under the Holland tunnel, on my way to Hoboken. New Jersey. Francis Albert Sinatra birthplace.
Hope you enjoy.
Jamesmac
http://youtu.be/xQgqAbaFnFM

Hey James, excellent listening to you! Man, on both clarinet and soprano you have such a beautiful tone! Full and lucious!
The video brings me to so many familiar places that I've ventures millions of times.

I never heard you play before and I'm so pleased to hear you have a great sound! I like your style in phrasing and inflections very much. Had a few listens! When the soprano comes in it kicks ass! Beautiful! When it returns to clarinet just for a brief moment it pulls it all together. Complete! Great work on both instruments!

Yeah man, I'm very pleased to have listened to you! Post more, my friend.... This forum needs more work such as yourself!
Very classy recording indeed James!

Thanks for sharing that with us!

After Mike's post all I can add is Classy, very classy.:thumb:

Too bad JK already took the handle of "Tone King", would suit you well. Very sophisticated, well paced. Your arrangement/production?

Thanks guys, Mike, Chris and Wade, for listening and your encouragement. This was TOTM in
Nov. 12. And I must admit was not something I liked at first. The title seemed at odds with the solemn feel of the piece, so I thought to use Clarinet in the lower register initially, then the soprano to get a more uplifting sense to the melody. I am lucky using midi for my backing tracks, as I can find what I think is the correct key, which for me is half the battle in obtaining a convincing performance, and i have sympathy for the guys who work only with MP3s and are limited in that respect.
Jamesmac

I knew somebody would like the Video :very happy::)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice very nice on both counts (playing&vid) :thumb:

Thanks Trimmy.
PS. Half time score 1 nil to England. Rooney header from a Liverpool Gerard corner.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom