Incredibly Famous Saxophonists.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Listening to todays Radio 7's edition of the Goon Show, was reminded that not only was Miss Minnie Bannister a saxophonist but also repaired her own sax.

Griff, would you like to comment on the inspiration Miss Bannister exerted on you to become a Woodwind and Brass Technician.

Similarly, Haynes Author Stephen, how did she influence you?

*Repeated at 7pm tonight and then on iPlayer. (Possibly.)*

Young Col

Missed that one, but will look for it.

As Miss Bannister's companion , I hope Henry Crun had the saxophone documents in order.....you must have the documents you know.....you must have them.....

Perhaps it was Henry Crun who influenced me to become a professional bureaucrat.
Colin

Stephen Howard

Listening to todays Radio 7's edition of the Goon Show, was reminded that not only was Miss Minnie Bannister a saxophonist but also repaired her own sax.

Griff, would you like to comment on the inspiration Miss Bannister exerted on you to become a Woodwind and Brass Technician.

Similarly, Haynes Author Stephen, how did she influence you?

*Repeated at 7pm tonight and then on iPlayer. (Possibly.)*
Ooooooooohhhh....no more curried eggs for me!

I learned my craft at the Minnie Bannister School of Nadger Rubbing and Instrument Repair, and left with full honours and a piece of paper with 'Half past eight' writted on it.
Minne was the consumate craftswoman, with her own set of legmade leather screwdrivers and a unique springhook made from best brown paper and knotted string.
I still use her patented Anti-Saxophone-Exploding Fluid on a daily basis.

Regards,

Top Bottom