support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Inconsiderate Tones

Possibly some are getting annoyed at the continuity of work
Chris and I have been producing, as well as muddling up the sound clip sub-forum in the process. I sincerely apologize if that's the case.

Inconsiderate Tones
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1176814

Don`t be Daft, Mike/Chris. I for one am loving this little run of stuff you pair are "churning out". I hope you can get an Album together. Noir Cops Verses Whores, Junkies,Pimps and Robbers. Who Knows. I just like the themes. It is not of this time if you know what I mean. I usually go off into the future ala Azimov but this stuff takes me back to Grandads DNA.:welldone

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they just keep coming don't they? Nothing to apologise for as they are all good. I like this one as well as "walking a thin line" which you haven't posted. Seems a very prolific partnership and allowing you (Mike) to get fully back into your sax playing. Nice compositions on these last two by Chris and it seems that the two of you are "gelling". Good drums that define the structure on "walking a thin line" and the vibes and bass are also excellent rhythmic accents.

Of the last few I only found Black and Blue had a problem with the sax in the upper register being too sharp compared with the piano, or maybe it's the funky piano sound that's out of tune? Everything well played but the out of tune sound around 2:43 was really awful. I guess it's all good from the standpoint of trying out different sounds and compositions. Really amazing that you aren't physically together yet seem to bring most of this off so well.

I've got no problem with hearing more, but have noticed that the rest of the peanut gallery is very quiet.

Clivey wrote:
Don`t be Daft, Mike/Chris. I for one am loving this little run of stuff you pair are "churning out". I hope you can get an Album together. Noir Cops Verses Whores, Junkies,Pimps and Robbers. Who Knows. I just like the themes. It is not of this time if you know what I mean. I usually go off into the future ala Azimov but this stuff takes me back to Grandads DNA.

Chris and I didn't confer on this. These are my thoughts actually, in all fairness to Chris.
Simply speculating.
Interesting names Clivey!
I appreciate the support, and in that regard I know it's safe to say Chris does as well.
Thanks man!

Wade wrote:
Well, they just keep coming don't they? Nothing to apologise for as they are all good. I like this one as well as "walking a thin line" which you haven't posted. Seems a very prolific partnership and allowing you (Mike) to get fully back into your sax playing. Nice compositions on these last two by Chris and it seems that the two of you are "gelling". Good drums that define the structure on "walking a thin line" and the vibes and bass are also excellent rhythmic accents.

Of the last few I only found Black and Blue had a problem with the sax in the upper register being too sharp compared with the piano, or maybe it's the funky piano sound that's out of tune? Everything well played but the out of tune sound around 2:43 was really awful. I guess it's all good from the standpoint of trying out different sounds and compositions. Really amazing that you aren't physically together yet seem to bring most of this off so well.

I've got no problem with hearing more, but have noticed that the rest of the peanut gallery is very quiet.

Yeah, ya know, it takes for a good solid bass to bring about something good from the other instrumentation, that being myself. I honestly don't know if I ever played better. It's been really great.
Chris has a lot of soul and understands jazz quite well. I couldn't ask for a better platform than what Chris has provided for me.

Wade, I ventured back to the spot in question in Black n' Blue. I think you may be speaking of the note, which is the dominant 7th and I'm bending it to the 6th. I agree, it may not be the best choice but I have to honestly say I don't find it awful. But I respect your ears enough, that sure, it could be determined that it is awful. No arguments from me. Throughout all of these pieces, upon playback, I always hear something where I should have done this or I should have done that. But as a whole I couldn't be more pleased with what has turned out. Yes, you're right because I don't really like to play it safe and with that comes possible intonation issues, lack of confidence behind the notes, and patterns that just may not go where I want them to go. At times, when I do feel really confident, my volume may tend to rise, sometimes it doesn't. I'm a moody player....S hit happens!
I'm honored that this is your only critique because I'm eons away from being a great sax player, which I will never be. I think I'm a fairly competent player at best. However, I've grown some behind Chris's work.

I always appreciate and respect your candor Wade, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly some are getting annoyed at the continuity of work
Chris and I have been producing, as well as muddling up the sound clip sub-forum in the process. I sincerely apologize if that's the case.

Absolutely no need to apologise, Mike: interesting stuff and very nice to see creativity at work. From what I've experienced, this forum is a big tent indeed and room for everything.

Absolutely no need to apologise, Mike: interesting stuff and very nice to see creativity at work. From what I've experienced, this forum is a big tent indeed and room for everything.

Well, I thank you saxplorer. We appreciate that!
I must admit I'm awfully dismayed about my friggin tinnitus. I'm using earplugs and when I'm done playing
this horrible ringing insists itself. The vibration could be my problem and if that's so, well, I'm at a crossroads.......
I cannot afford to have this problem worsen. Today it's not good at all.

So, let's see how much more there will be...

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom