All profit supporting   special needs music

In Praise of Dreams - Sayers arrangement

Y

Yanisaxaddict

Hi,

I recently did an arrangement of a Jan Garbarek, using Sibelius, logic, a lot of sweat and tears, embellished with my Theo Wanne Datta HR mpc on my Yani T991 UL.. Enjoy .. I hope, and comments welcome! For the serious Garbarek fans around, I hope I didn't spoil this tune for you :)

http://soundcloud.com/merv-says/in-praise-of-dreams-sayers

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Rgds,

Yanisaxaddict

Clivey

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
Hi Just listened to your stuff and was impressed with both the production and the playing.

I always like it when you click on something and you get a little tickled by something a wee bit different. I hope you continue to post your stuff on the site
:mrcool

rudjarl

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Locality
Løten, Norway
Thank's for posting. You have done a great version of one of the few Garbarek tunes that is actually pleasant to the ear (in my opinion).

Y

Yanisaxaddict

Isn't that one of the main reason why we have music Clivey :) I'm glad you enjoyed, I'll be posting more original stuff in the future. Thanks again,

Rgds,

Yanisaxaddict

Sunray

Sunray

Locality
Norfolk, UK
Loved it! :clapping::thanks:

C

compound

Locality
Manchester.
Very well played and produced.
Rob. :welldone

Y

Yanisaxaddict

Thank you Sunray and Compound, this means a lot :)

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Sorry I didn't get a chance to listen before.

Very impressive.

Not going to persuade me to like/listen to JG, though.

Y

Yanisaxaddict

Nice one Kev, thank you .. p.s. I love that quote, "Man is limited by his fears, not his imagination" So true! I'm going to have to steal this for my fb :)

TomMapfumo

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
As a proud owner of 27 of his albums/CDs I found it really enjoyable to listen to, despite no viola! I was pleased that my Saxscape Uptown Live mpc produces an excellent vibe on Tenor. A production to be proud of, I would say.

I enjoy the slightly lighter texture than in the original which makes it less church like in its setting and with a different meditative quality to my mind. Garbarek's tenor playing is a little underrated in my view. Agreed - he is a brilliant musician, and a good example of a self taught sax player!

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yanisaxaddict

Thank you Tom, from a fellow Garbarek fan to another, I really appreciate this your comments!

Saxlicker

Saxlicker

Locality
Breakfast room since '06 UK
Great Stuff!

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom