All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

R & B, Blues, Soul In Praise of Daptone Records....

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
Best known as the label of Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings (who in trun are best known for being Amy Winehouse' Backing band) Daptone records are a fascinating label specializing in 'old style' soul, funk and gospel. Here are a couple of absolute stormers from Naomi Shelton & the Gospel Queens and Brooklyn's Sugarman 3...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Locality
brighton by the sea
And

Last edited by a moderator:
Locality
Tooting, SW London
Hi Jules,

Thanks for sharing this. Trouble is you've made me spend money as I enjoyed the tracks so much that I've just downloaded the Daptone Gold album! :thumb:

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
Hi Jules,

Thanks for sharing this. Trouble is you've made me spend money as I enjoyed the tracks so much that I've just downloaded the Daptone Gold album! :thumb:

Lol - same here - I liked the 2 tracks and after reading your post went off to investigate on iTunes

Thanks Jules :)

dooce

Locality
Daventry
I'm a great fan of Sharon Jones but never really thought about the other Daptone artists - thanks for the links Jules.

Jules

Locality
brighton by the sea
I'm a great fan of Sharon Jones but never really thought about the other Daptone artists - thanks for the links Jules.
Thought this would appeal to you!

Saxade

Locality
Tasmania
Takes me back when we had a soul band.... not very good but Sh**s load of fun...thanks for that :)

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom