All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Saxophones Imperial Boosey & Hawkes Alto

JessMorys

Originally posted this in general then saw this area - sorry! Anyway I have a Boosey and Hawkes silver alto sax, serial no. 39109. I can't find out anything about this serial number, but I had it completely refurbed and the guy thought it was from the 40's, and was very impressed with it. Can anyone give me an exact date? I'm looking to sell it in the next few days, can anyone give me an idea of its worth? Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi

Boosey and Hawkes serial number dating here: http://www.horniman.ac.uk/media/_file/bandh_handlists_web.pdf

Value - anybody's guess, but probably not very high, despite your repairer's comments. Not widely known and you may find it difficult to sell unless someone is looking for one.

If you do want to sell it through here, please read the sales board before posting. Should be OK, but please pm Pete or myself first.

JessMorys

Yeah I guessed it wasn't worth too much. I've trawled through that website and either I'm blind or the serial number isn't there! Thanks for posting it though :)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
It's in there. Under woodwinds before 68956. First table, right hand side.
Makes yours 1947, and towards the end of that year.

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
one of these sold for £175 on eBay last week. I find that disappointingly low as they are lovely sounding saxes :)

JessMorys

I know it seems a shame to let it go for that little, but at least it will (hopefully) be loved & played regularly! Needs must I'm afraid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom