All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

I'm sooooo happy ^^

vittervinge

Hii :)
I don't know if you really care, but I have to write and say that I'm sooo incredibly happy, since I just received a scholarship á 3000 swedish krona (that's about 500 USD or 300 GBP). I'm savning for an own sax, so the money is going to that piggy-bank ^^
I played take 5 (although, I was so nervous and I played wrong at some parts).
Yaay :p

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
You'd be surprised how much we care....

Well done, congrats! Really pleased for you! What sax are you looking for?

vittervinge

Thx ^^
Uhm, I don't really know, I'm a high school student, so I don't really have a lot of money, so I'll guess that it'll be a cheap one, like a jupiter or yamaha for about 1000 USD/650 GBP. Do you have any ideas of a good one?

Sunray

Success ...

Well done mate ...

It's good when all your effort pays off ... :welldone

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Jupiter/Yamaha aren't that cheap.

There's an as-new Jupiter Alto just been listed in the yard sale that'd probably fit your budget, if you can get a little more than the scholarship you've just won

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Well done mate. Don't worry about the wrong notes. We just call that improvisation round here.

Andante cantabile

That's a good outcome. You're obviously on the right track. Jupiters are not always fashionable, but Kevgermany's reminder that one is available in the yard sale is worth bearing in mind.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Very well done indeed,that Take 5 is no easy piece to play I've been trying to put it together for quite some time,as they say in the movies THE BOY DONE GOOD,best of luck with the new sax....john

trimmy

One day i will...
Well done mate. Don't worry about the wrong notes. We just call that improvisation round here.
:))):)))

And well done on the Scolarship, :welldone before buying a sax try as many as you can to get the feel of the sax, and don't forget to take your favourite mouthpiece with you, are you after Alto/Tenor ? or other

old git

Tremendous Bore
Don't know if you are aware of Eric Morecambe's explanation to Andre Previn that he was "not playing all the wrong notes, they were the right notes in the wrong order."

Enjoy the new horn but don't do an Andre on us. A brilliant jazz pianist with Shelly Manne and his own group Andre Previn and his Pals, abandoned it and went down the classical conductor route. Mind you he did marry a very tasty Hollywood star.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Congratulations on the Scholarship, that a brilliant achievement. As for the sax, have a look at the Bauhaus Walstein family. They are within your budget and are very well respected horns.

jeremyjuicewah

Scuse I, but I have read Wallender and I am not sure that Swedish people are allowed by law to be happy. So make the most of it. Well done,
best wishes
Mike

wemeetagain

Hii :)
I don't know if you really care, but I have to write and say that I'm sooo incredibly happy, since I just received a scholarship á 3000 swedish krona (that's about 500 USD or 300 GBP). I'm savning for an own sax, so the money is going to that piggy-bank ^^
I played take 5 (although, I was so nervous and I played wrong at some parts).
Yaay :p
Awesome:) id find a vintage sax, as they are usually better for the price, or secondhand yas either 25 or 275.
Considering that take 5 is i would say jazz, i think some may agree that you cant play wrong! and even if it sounds wrong just blag that its contemporary jazz :p
Have fun,
Pete

old git

Tremendous Bore
Are "Take 5" and "Take That" related?

Well done young Weemeat and stop taking these boring old farts so seriously.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom