PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones I'm dreaming of a white...saxophone

Stephen Howard

Locality
UK
Just found this:

Deadlink Removed

Very Liberace!

I see that there are only 50 available, and that it comes with a pile of Bull***t regarding the effect of the lacquer on the tone.

Regards,

Thinking of making a lyre holder conversion to carry two chandeliers. Volunteers to make satin playing suit and to play it? ;}

Reminds me of the insides of some of the churches around here. Wonder if it has a heavenly tone :)))

Very Liberace!

I see that there are only 50 available, and that it comes with a pile of Bull***t regarding the effect of the lacquer on the tone.

Regards,

Don't need one, I have a Grafton! >:)

At the moment it's more of a Grafton 'kit'!
I wish I knew where I put the instructions...

Regards,

Selmer make thier 'bird' series celabrating birds of various continents (flamingo, kookaburra etc), please please- The Selmer Pengiun.. black outside and white interior lacquer... :shocked:

Selmer should make a Coltrane engraved tenor model.They would sell a few if it had a nice image of Coltrane on the bell.

Except that what Greg vail says is the extra thick lacquer on the inside is causing that. That means effectively the bore is narrowed so I wonder if in this case there could be some truth. Obviously it would have to be a significantly think coat of lacquer to affect the bore diameter but it is just possible.

Ornette Coleman used to play the Grafton, but more recently has played a Selmer low A alto in white finish with gold keywork.

Looks like Yamaha may have got the idea from Selmer.

Rhys

Attachments

• Ornette with white Selmer low A.jpg
    Ornette with white Selmer low A.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 235
Mornington Lockett's White Selmer Tenor

The 'great' Mornington Lockett used to use a White Selmer Tenor...

plymouth.jpg

Except that what Greg vail says is the extra thick lacquer on the inside is causing that. That means effectively the bore is narrowed so I wonder if in this case there could be some truth. Obviously it would have to be a significantly think coat of lacquer to affect the bore diameter but it is just possible.

It would have to be very seriously thick.

In any event it contradicts what Yamaha have already stated with regards to the thickness of the finish: "additional weight does not actually make the tone darker but adds brilliance and projection".

Regards,

I just about recall seeing a new Grafton, 'in the plastic', in an Ipswich music shop, 50+ years ago ... haven't seen one since. As one who thought that saxes should be gold-coloured, I thought it looked VERY tacky :)

But, recalling the colour, I wonder if it was Pete's inspiration for the production of 'Onyxite'? :D

[I think my PPT is very handsome .... and neither of my saxes is 'gold' :) ]

I seem to remember a Yamaha ceramic saxophone at one time. Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom