All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

I'm Back

thehunt

Hi everyone been an absolute age but back in the land of the saxes. Had a tough year. Had a hand operation which had been bothering me for a long time so had the Op but it took a bit longer than i thought to heal so was unable to play for over six months. ( i did try but the misses went spare ) Also changed jobs. Writing this from my hotel room in Hong Kong (here on business ) can't sleep its 2:53 in the morning and i'm WIDE AWAKE.:( Been reading some of the posts but will take ages to get through them all. Look forward to catching up. Oh! and my sax playing well lets just say i need to practice...Phil

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Welcome back. Nothing much changed here. Bonkers people are still bonkers, and the rest is aspiring. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Eyup Phil,
Glad you're back in the land of the living. You'll soon pick it up again.
The missus must be desperate if she's sent you to Hong Kong, I usually go to the spare room to honk.

Luluna

Señora
Subscriber
Phil - Sorry to hear of your hand surgery, and hope your healing is on the way to complete.

Hong Kong is a long way from home, no wonder you can't sleep. I've been away for a while as well, glad to see you've returned. B)

Welcome back!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Phil. Glad the hand is recovered now. Have been missing your posts.

I hate trips like that, just as you're starting to get some sleep it's time to get home and you'll not be able to sleep there either. Have a look for sax stuff while you're over there. (or cameras....)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome back Phil©, damn put the© there automatically.

Had the same op some time ago, strained my hand getting the wallet out, (YC, do not reveal it wasn't mine.)

Look forward to more of your learned posts.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Hi welcome from another newbie. The office keep sending me to India, but I keep managing to get back....

TomMapfumo

So, the hunt is over.............. but the hunt will return! Have you discovered a cheap alternative to Legere reeds in Hong Kong - just don't tell Pete or he might report you to his higher authority.

Glad you are still alive. I've been debating getting one of my fingers adjusted through minor surgery but would not want to be out of action for too long, given your experience. We'll see.

Welcome back.......:shocked::w00t:;}

ArtyLady

Nice to see you back!:thumb: glad the hand is sorted....may I ask what you had done?

I have probs with mine (I pretty sure it's arthritis in the base of my left thumb have to wear a splint while playing) but daren't go to the doc - scared they may want to do something that may stop me playing! >:)

thehunt

Thank everyone for kind words. I'm still in Honkers on business, felt awful this morning but got through my meetings, trouble is late afternoon, Europe comes on line so find myself working all the hours. No time to look for anything sax related, would not have a clue where to start anyway.
Arty lady i had carpal tunnel. It had been giving me some problems since Oct last year and i had total numbess in my right thumb, forefinger and index finger but i also used to get problems in my forearm. In the endi had to have it done, but it took a bit of time to heal. ( must be my age ) anyway all better now. look forward to catching up. Phil

Young Col

Hey Phil, great to see you back. Look forward to more posts when you return.

Bill, sorry, it's too late. I'd already mentioned about your community service penalty in another thread.
YC

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome (back) Phil :) pleased to hear your'e on the mend :thumb:

but daren't go to the doc - scared they may want to do something that may stop me playing! >:)
the doc may also prolong your playing !! Now, get the docs >:)

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome back Phil, it's been a while! I'm pleased to hear that your op went well, although they do say that the sooner you deal with carpal tunnel, the quicker and more thoroughly it heals. I had my left hand done about 5 years ago and I was able to continue playing during the healing. In fact my physio thought it would be good exercise in moderation! Trouble is, I need the right one doing now! Doh!
Any way, try to enjoy Hong Kong as much as possible and don't let work get in the way too much.

ArtyLady

Thank everyone for kind words. I'm still in Honkers on business, felt awful this morning but got through my meetings, trouble is late afternoon, Europe comes on line so find myself working all the hours. No time to look for anything sax related, would not have a clue where to start anyway.
Arty lady i had carpal tunnel. It had been giving me some problems since Oct last year and i had total numbess in my right thumb, forefinger and index finger but i also used to get problems in my forearm. In the endi had to have it done, but it took a bit of time to heal. ( must be my age ) anyway all better now. look forward to catching up. Phil
I had carpal tunnel (left hand) operated on 10 years ago - it worked a treat and I got back to normal really quickly :thumb:

Mind you I'm a bit concerned that what ever it is that I've got now might in fact be CP flaring up again because I get a lot of numbness and tingling and shooting pains (usually when I've played sax for long period) up from my thumb base, through my palm into my index finger, and strangely into my little finger as well! :shocked::( but it's very different to when I had carpal tunnel before :confused:

Roy Gussman

Re: I'm back.

Hi Artylady, I am glad I am not the only one who is suffering from a pain in the base of the left thumb, I thought it would go away after a while but it has'nt so it must be arthritis, it does'nt hurt when playing but by gum it dont alf urt when I have finished playing.
At least it is not as bad as The Hunts it sounds very painful. Hope you are back playing to your usual standard.

Gusev.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Talking about arthritis of the thumb, Sue my wife has recently been diagnosed with this. (Probably down to me being under it for so long), However we've been on holiday to Slovenia recently and while we were away she had no problem with it. We just put it down tonot working on the computer, but on the radio on Monday morning, a woman said she had treated herself over the summer with copious amounts of beetroot and seems to have worked. Sue ate loads of beetroot on holiday!! Is there something in it or is it mumbo jumbo? I know I'm an old hippy but if it works... Only drawback apparently... noooo I won't go there.
Give it a try.
Andrew

thehunt

OOOHH Beetroot does funny things. Also heard it is very good but then so is garlic, blueberries, Goji berries etc. I think there are a lot of good things but i personally think if a tendon is broken, ripped, torn then no juice will ever fix it, it needs to be sown. By the way do you have thumb swirls on your fore head from the wife >:) Phil
Talking about arthritis of the thumb, Sue my wife has recently been diagnosed with this. (Probably down to me being under it for so long), However we've been on holiday to Slovenia recently and while we were away she had no problem with it. We just put it down tonot working on the computer, but on the radio on Monday morning, a woman said she had treated herself over the summer with copious amounts of beetroot and seems to have worked. Sue ate loads of beetroot on holiday!! Is there something in it or is it mumbo jumbo? I know I'm an old hippy but if it works... Only drawback apparently... noooo I won't go there.
Give it a try.
Andrew

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom