I'm Back...

AlistairD

Hi All,

After not playing much at all for the past 2/3 years... I'm back playing and frequenting this forum again... I've found a new teacher (first lesson tomorrow) so hopefully will make some real progress over the next could of years...

Not improved at all for years, so still a real 'late bloomer' yet to bloom...

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome back Alistair, glad you found your way back to us. Good luck for tomorrow, just remember to enjoy yourself, I mean, that is why we do this to ourselves.... isn't it? ;}

OP
AlistairD

AlistairD

Taz,

It is... I'll try and relax and enjoy... but new teacher, new challenges, new nerves...

OP
AlistairD

AlistairD

All,

First lesson was good (well the teacher was...) I'm not but hey that's why we have lessons... Certainly is re-kindling my desire to play so that's definitely good news...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
AlistairD

AlistairD

Had a practice after the lesson and the new practice routine is certainly more interesting... Hopefully, it will keep my interest this time...

Keep playing...

OP
AlistairD

AlistairD

All,

I am enthused enough to have sold my Ref 36 and just bought a Borgani Pearl Silver Tenor Jubilee... It sounds quite different (though there is a minor leak on the C pad so low B and Bb are not easy... I think I'm going to love it, once it's had a tune up. It seems to match very well to the Vintage Raganato wooden mouthpiece I've got as well.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
welcome back Alistair

Your previous visits were probably before my enrolment but I hope you enjoy the cafe again, and the sax of course,but with gear like that who wouldn't, I don't think I could of parted with a ref 36,but I must admit the Borgani sounds very interesting...john

Taz

Busking Oracle
All,

I am enthused enough to have sold my Ref 36 and just bought a Borgani Pearl Silver Tenor Jubilee... It sounds quite different (though there is a minor leak on the C pad so low B and Bb are not easy... I think I'm going to love it, once it's had a tune up. It seems to match very well to the Vintage Raganato wooden mouthpiece I've got as well.
OOOhhh, very posh I'm sure! :))) I hope you enjoy that gleaming new Borgani :w00t: It'll be a blast to play once you get it tinkered with. Nice one ;}

OP
AlistairD

AlistairD

OOOhhh, very posh I'm sure! :))) I hope you enjoy that gleaming new Borgani :w00t: It'll be a blast to play once you get it tinkered with. Nice one ;}
It's not gleaming and new, it's a 2nd hand one... I'm slowly cleaning it and making it looks relatively shiney. Ideally it could do with stripping down and a full clean but don't think I'll try that yet! I've just bought Stephen H's Haynes Manual but don't think a full dismantle will be the first job...

Top Bottom