All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

I'm Aubrianna...

My name is Aubrianna Merry, and my main instrument is bari sax. I have been playing it for seven and a half years. I also play alto, tenor, soprano, clarinet, flute and oboe. I've started writing my own music for sax quintets, using Finale 2003. If anyone has a way for me to buy a newer version, that would be really nice...
I guess I should ask, how long does it take to recover your tone on saxophone after getting braces? I got them about five monthes ago, and my tone is not as good as it was before, but it's getting there. Any help is greatly appreciated...

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©. Aubrianna.

Berklee? Is that where the nightingale sang? ;}

ENJOY!

visionari1

Welcome to the forum,

Sorry only braces I know about are for trousers! And they don't effect saxophone playing at all!

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Hi Aubrianna,

Welcome! My daughter took about 6 months to get to grips with playing the oboe after she had braces fitted. Keep persevering!

Cheers

Young Col

Welcome Aubrianna. I,too, thought, what a nice name.
There's a coupe of dentists on here, including Saxodent, so hopefully they'll pick up your post and give you some guidance.
YC

TomMapfumo

Hi Aubrianna, and Welcome to the Cafe!

From what I have read it should only take a few weeks for a sax/clarinet player to adapt to braces, and there is general advice to liaise with your orthodontist about any adaptations that might be necessary. My musician daughter had a brace for over a year but it did not significantly affect her guitar or piano activity.

I hope that the brace treatment goes well and any sacrifices will be worth it in the end. If Nick Wyver was wearing a brace he would probably cover the mouthpiece with dent-u-fix to achieve a better grip for both your embouchure and the reed :shocked::w00t:;}

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Sunray

Welcome to the Pete's Place ...

Hey Hey Aubrianna ... *Sunray waves all the way from Norfolk in the UK*

You sure have learned to play a quite few instruments over the past seven and a half years ... :shocked:

What is it "that you think" has changed your tone ... Is it the altered "shape" of inner mouth, due to the brace or maybe the difference is due to the material the brace is made from?

I rather suspect that your embouchure has altered [maybe your tongue positioning] due to the brace being there and that could be something for you to experiment with ...

Enjoy you time here ...

Taz

Busking Oracle
I have no idea about braces, but what I do know is that when they come off, not only will you be back to playing beautifully, you'll have a pretty smile too.

Welcome to the cafe!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Aubrianna

Welcome to the cafe

I wouldn't worry too much about the braces you probably play better than most of us in here with or without them'

john

jeremyjuicewah

I am sure you will get used to that. If you had been born with braces it would not have mattered. I worried since I fell off a push bike and snapped all my lower left hand teeth off. I thought you had to have a mouthfull of tombstones to play. Apparently not. (Or maybe that is what is wrong with me and the noise I make?)
beste wishes
Mike

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom