support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories If there were awards for accessories to woodwinds

Account Closed
If there were awards to be given to saxophone accessories, which would you vote for?
(Not including mouthpieces or reeds, or spouses!)

I think mine would either the JazzLab Saxholder harness (I own two) or the Hercules stand. How about you? What are you most valuable accessories.

(Not including mouthpieces or reeds, or spouses!)

Your Saxophone has a Spouse? Cool..

I'd add another Jazz labs item. The Deflector, this time. Not only do you get a little more feedback when playing, but I found out recently it had another unexpected benefit when my Sax stand and Sax was knocked over. Although the little clip that sits on the lip of the bell caused a couple of very small marks, I think if it hadn't been attached to the Sax, there would have been a nasty dent on the rim of the bell

Another vote for Hercules stands :thumb:

I can't get on with my Jazzlab harness - It was okay for a while after I dislocated my shoulder - but since then - too much faff :rolleyes:

+1 for the Hercules stand. However the sax case (a good one, especially since having a bad one really s*cks) comes actually first for me.

I have refrained to derail this thread for waaaay too long...
Best accessory for my saxophone ? The rest of the band: either they cover my inadequacies or they help me to stay on target (including the motivation to study back home)!

I like the K&M straight soprano stand that fits in the bell.
And the Vandoren reed case.

I will vote Keys Leaves. Since I started using them, no more sticky G# or C#. It was the final accessory I needed for my obsessive cleaning regimen.

+1 for the K&M and Hercules stands.

Jx

The saxholder was the solution for my neck pain problems. Brilliant accesoire. i use it everywhere now.

The SaxRax X-stand for alto/tenor. It's simple, rugged and portable, and works so very well.

My FreeNeck harness for Bari and Tenor. This has made playing a heavy sax so much easier. I have no back or neck problems as a result of playing the larger saxes; and my hodge swab for drying out the Bari pigtail. It saves trying to twirl the Bari around in midair to get the pull-through through!

and ... although not specifically for sax... the ForScore App!

I have a full set of Hercules stands which are great, especially the Alto/tenor peg on the Bari stand because I can fit 2 saxes into the space for 1. I also have sop and clarinet pegs on my Alto stand! 5 instruments, 2 stands.

RAT Jazz music stand - lightweight & easy to use.
K&M iPad holder stand - great for busking and performances.

Without the SaxHolder, I could not play, literally.
I tried to return to the sax in the 90s and failed (because the only option available to me then was to have a huge walk-up-to contraption built for me that was going to cost me £0000s and I’d never be able to play anywhere else.)
So, top of the tree, name them in my will = Jazz Lab Sax Holder

My Balam strap... taking Sax holder's concept and refining it to something rather more minimal & less 'odd feeling'

Back
Top Bottom