All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

If at first you don't succed, try try and try again.....

luciene

Hi I've been playing sax for a while - I started when I was 30, stopped playing at 36 when I gave birth to triplets, and re-started again 5 years ago.

I am advancing, since I have been having lessons the Conservatoire with a very exigent teacher which is frustrating and illuminating.

Many habits have been overcome and more need to be overcome.

My biggest problem at the moment is my tongue - lack of articulation, apparently I use my throat and not my tongue, so musically it's all good, but saxophonically it's all bad. So I have joined the forum to read and exchange and seek help.

So cool to be here, I signed in and withing 5 minutes learnt how to growl. Clearly the many different suggestions ( and I tried them all) help; Also the solid advice that if at first you don't succeed, try try and try again.

ding dong hello everyone I'm so happy to be part of this forum

Peace love and music to my wonderful saxophone family. and THANK YOU SO MUCH

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi luciene, welcome to the greatest saxophamily in the world! Everything you want will eventually come and the wait will be so worthwhile.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome Lucien

Hope you enjoy the cafe and your sax journey. Not surprised you gave up for a time with triplets:)

Jx

Saxlicker

Hi I've been playing sax for a while - I started when I was 30, stopped playing at 36 when I gave birth to triplets, and re-started again 5 years ago.

My biggest problem at the moment is my tongue - lack of articulation, apparently I use my throat and not my tongue, so musically it's all good, but saxophonically it's all bad. So I have joined the forum to read and exchange and seek help.
Well Hi,
And it must be said that if you use your tongue well you'll be knocking out triplets all over the place.
:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Sorry , couldn't resist.

Welcome!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Luciene

Welcome to the cafe hope you continue enjoying the banter and advice,wish I knew what an exigent teacher was

Regards....John

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Luciene. Big welcome from me. Triplets - instant family.... Hope it wasn't a shock, but a lot of hard work at first.

Have fun here. Guess you're not in the UK/an english speaker. They're a friendly bunch here, but really like a laugh.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Luciene.

Conservatoire? Is that the French for a lean to glass house?

ENJOY!​™

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Welcome Luciene!

I am quite surprised you didn't start using your tongue on day 2.
Good news: if you developed a good throat control, double staccato will be easy, once you develop your tongue control.
Bad news: you have to spend few weeks doing horrible noises (k'chew, k'chew) until your staccato is fine, but you must do it.

And it must be said that if you use your tongue well you'll be knocking out triplets all over the place.
Sorry , couldn't resist.
Welcome!
Please remember that Britain is the homeland of Benny Hill too. Other countries in Urop might be more sophisticated and rude.

Hi Luciene. Big welcome from me. Triplets - instant family.... Hope it wasn't a shock, but a lot of hard work at first.
It is time to set up a quartet: you will have free rhythm section until they turn 18. Hard work for them.

ENJOY!​™
Conservatoire is the French for music academy: a HOUSE where you study music and have your first GLASS of côte du rhone or beaujolais. The first English explorers that reached the continent looking for cheap booze, in 1954, just understood "glass" and "house" and invented the "conservatory".

Justin Chune

Hello Luciene and a warm welcome to the cafe. It will be nice having you here. Enjoy learning the sax and be prepared to make haste slowly, as one of my band directors puts it.

Jim.

navarro

Welcome Luciene, this is the place for the best serious advice and a good mix of humour and banter. You are going to enjoy it here. Best regards N.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber

ENJOY!​™
Very good. When I was staying with a French family on a choir exchange trip a few years ago, I tried to explain that I had a conservatory, but the dictionary didn't have the word for it. They thought I had a "grande serre" - which is a big greenhouse. Eventually discovered that the term is "jardin d'hiver" - winter garden.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Hello Luciene and a warm welcome to the cafe. It will be nice having you here. Enjoy learning the sax and be prepared to make haste slowly, as one of my band directors puts it.

Jim.
Ah - a classicist - Latin - Festina Lente

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom